• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

JC Taylor Insurance Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig C

Just picked up a nice, very nice low mileage, other than faded PINK paint, M1028 with Shelter. I called/emailed JC Taylor who insures my other 8 mil vehicles and was told because of the shelter they wouldn't be able to insure it.

SO:

1. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Is there another company that insures vehicles in CA?

3. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks ahead of time

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
take the shelter off and take a picture. Send the pic to Jc and then put the shelter back on.

I would think anybody would insure a CUCV. It just an old Chevy.

Last edited:

Craig C

May have to do that...............or go to my regular insurance company.......geeze, what a joke especially since I have 8 other vehicles insured with them.......glad the 3 other 1008/1028s don't have anything on them.

ABN173

take the shelter off and take a picture. Send the pic to Jc and then put the shelter back on.

I would think anybody would insure a CUCV. It just an old Chevy.
hmm may help get you the insurance card, but in the event of a real accident and say you were injured or hospitalized.......What if a insurance adjuster took pics with the shelter on it? That may or may not be a issue but something to consider.

datsunaholic

I don't understand why they would treat the shelter as anything different from a truck camper shell. But then again I'm not an insurance agent. If you're trying to get odd insurance (like collector insurance) I might see why that's a problem, but insuring it as a regular pickup with regular insurance shouldn't be a problem.

Craig C

OH I'm sure I can get it insured thru my regular insurance but it just ticks me off that they won't insure it because of the shelter, after all it is a shelter carrier and the shelter is attached as it should be......

Don't want to mislead them but taking it out, then putting it back in, like ABN173 said, there might be a problem by doing that. And as we all know, these insurance companies share info so when you tick one off the others have access to that sort of info.

I asked to have a supervisor contact me and that has yet to happen.....I think that is ticking off more that no one has contacted me via the phone.

Anyone else have another insurance company they use for their military/antique/classic/historic vehicles?

hobie237

hmm may help get you the insurance card, but in the event of a real accident and say you were injured or hospitalized.......What if a insurance adjuster took pics with the shelter on it? That may or may not be a issue but something to consider.

That would be insurance fraud. So the card is worthless. In many ways, worse than worthless.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Chuck...remove the shelter before you take the pic.

Has anyone heard from JC Taylor that the will not insure tractors? I've had tractors insured by them, but it was years ago. I was recently told they really only want to insure what they call "troop carriers." I have an M817 insured by them, but they really hesitated. They eventually insured it because I have troop seats in the truck and told them it was a troop carrier that happened to have a dump bed.

LanceRobson

Taylor seems to have a recent tightening of standards. To insure my last truck with them (2 months ago) they wanted two separate forms stating that no one under 25 years of age would operate the truck and that I would transport no one in the bed. The former was, in the past, a "check the block" item and the latter never came up before. In the last 2 weeks they held up two friend's insurance (both new MV owners and both new to Taylor) until they provided pics of their M35A2s INSIDE their garages. Prior to that all you needed to do was check a block stating that the vehicle was stored in a locked building. JC Taylor has, obviously, rethought it's underwriting process. Lance

Tibby

I have my M1028 (shelterless) insured by State Farm. After getting past the VIN issue, it has been OK. My agent has a good office assistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks