• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

JD Gator....runs rough

byrdman1312

Friends,
I have a John Deere gator, although it's not a M-Gator I got it from the Army. It's a civilian model with the Yanmar 3 cycl. engine and 12 volt starting system. It starts and idles very smoothly, I ran it 3 hours on Sunday with the outside temp. above 80 degrees. Ran smoothly and didn't over heat, as far as I could tell. Cooling fan worked and had lots of coolant.
When I drive it 30 minutes to an hour it will start to run rough and won't shift. If you are driving it in gear when it starts this it will stall. You can start it right back but it continues to run rough. After it cools off it will run normally.
I have removed the fuel tank and cleaned it, no trash. Checked the fuel filter, ok.
Anybody got any ideas?
Thanks for your help.
Keith

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks