• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jeep trailer floor.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I have an old jeep trailer a m100 i think and the floor is ruff. not rusted just banged up bad . I was thinking of getting some hard wood floring and puting it down in it like the old trucks had. Any thoughts!

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, that's a M100 trailer.

There are a couple sellers of replacement floor panels for that trailer, if you prefer to go the restoration route. Otherwise, cut out the floor and use rough-cut oak or locust wood boards for the deck, and it will last a long time.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I'm not worried about restoring it, the floor is solid just resembles a wash bord. The guy that i got it from hauled big rocks in it. I use it with the scouts sometimes and don't want there gear to get torn or damaged, just wanted to smooth it out. and i like the look of the wood floor.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
M100's are pretty valuable-I'd do it the right way (i.e. a repro floor welded in) so that if in the future you decided to sell it you could recoup as much investment as possible.

Pawnshop

Cut a piece of nice plywood to fit and lay it on the bottom, that will smooth it out and retain the original floor. As was stated earlier, those trailers are becoming very pricy and finding one that has not been cut or welded on is very hard. An abused but original floor is worth more than a replaced one.

lexluther

is it really worth that much? Would the original poster be better off selling this trailer to swap for one of the newer models currently available, maybe he would upgrade and get bows sides and a trap>

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
is it really worth that much? Would the original poster be better off selling this trailer to swap for one of the newer models currently available, maybe he would upgrade and get bows sides and a trap>
I have 4 other trailers . This one matches my willys jeep!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have installed plywood and other types of wood in utility trailers to protect and strengthen the trailers for hauling. The trailers do not sit outside or get wet as I mainly use them for hauling things like bags of mulch and firewood. I think that you are asking for a rust-out by adding wood to a metal floor if the trailer will get wet (i.e., you store it outside)or you are carrying wet cargo. My $.02...