• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jeepers and 5 Tons

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
An F-250, King Ranch or Platinum diesel is over $80k now. Weren’t cheap even 5 years ago at $60-$70k ... so it’s not the money. It’s the class they are in what class??? I dunno. There is something snotty about that ring they “belong to” that fails to recognize the testosterone outside their circle.

it’s odd. We all play with the same toys, only some of us are jealous little babies about our toys. (I recognize that this is painting all Jeepers with a broad brush, not all are like this. Just all of them in my town).

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can honestly say that not a single Jeeper has waved at me. That’s how I started noticing. Then I’d pull up next to one at a light and keep my eye on him. Nothing.

3/4 ton drivers are by far the most enthusiastic. Honks, thumbs up, yelling out the window etc. they love it!

but Jeepers. Not so much. I’m baffled.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you are craving the wave how about you start it off. There is probably some guy on a Jeep forum somewhere complaining about the smug military vehicle guy that won’t wave at them.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you are craving the wave how about you start it off. There is probably some guy on a Jeep forum somewhere complaining about the smug military vehicle guy that won’t wave at them.
I don’t care if they wave. I don’t care if anyone waves. It’s an observation, not a complaint.

* Jeeps ... almost all of them refuse to even look. I noticed this a few years ago, and have kept track since then. Not one single look from the Jeepers in the past two years ... not one. A complete refusal to acknowledge the beast beside them.

For any Jeep owners ... no offense intended.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha I bet you are 100% correct.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Jericho

I wonder if the jeepers also stiff the humvee guys...
Well, I have three jeeps, and five Mil trucks. My Gama goat has " Jeep Recovery, Inquire with driver for estimate " stenciled on it They all think its either a jeep or a Russian truck, MY deuce has "Jeep recovery, for when you are really STUCK ". and my five ton says " Big truck. Need JEEP for WHEEL CHOCK " I was at a touch a truck for the Police Department last summer . had them all lined up next to a line of jeep club jeeps . Finally this guys says " Hey Man. Did you know this guy does Jeep pull outs!"

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a couple of Jeepers to embrace my 5 ton. This was at a Four Wheel Parts truck show so there were lots of Jeeps. Of course this was after I totally crushed the junk cars that had been placed there for crushing. After all that were interested in car crushing had taken their turn, the cars were still fairly uncrushed. Then I took a turn. That was the ticket. After I crushed the cars, I just parked there and a couple of Jeepers asked permission to flex against my truck. My friends and I are in the bed having a pizza/bear party.

Attachments

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if the jeepers also stiff the humvee guys...
I get (and give) the wave in my hmmwv, and also in my 5tons for that matter.

I'd say maybe this is a regional thing, but my experiences include AZ to GA. So maybe the jeep exclusion thing is specific to TX.

We (the MV enthusiasts) and the jeep crowd have a lot more in common with each other than we do with the general econobox driving public.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I have three jeeps, and five Mil trucks. My Gama goat has " Jeep Recovery, Inquire with driver for estimate " stenciled on it They all think its either a jeep or a Russian truck, MY deuce has "Jeep recovery, for when you are really STUCK ". and my five ton says " Big truck. Need JEEP for WHEEL CHOCK " I was at a touch a truck for the Police Department last summer . had them all lined up next to a line of jeep club jeeps . Finally this guys says " Hey Man. Did you know this guy does Jeep pull outs!"
Some 5-ton driver on FB said that he leaves notes on Jeepers and F-250s that says:

"I parked next to you so that your truck could nurse off of mine and grow up big and strong."
/\ Displays like these may be the answer to the OP’s original post. Remember you are representing all of us, and we are in a fight to keep our rights to drive our MVs on public roads.
Also, I would say the ratio of our MVs in private hands used as pavement crawlers, are close to Jeep owners, but just as capable if they where to be used for work or off road.

Last edited:

Ajax MD

/\ Displays like these may be the answer to the OP’s original post. Remember you are representing all of us, and we are in a fight to keep our rights to drive our MVs on public roads.
Besides, I would say the ratio of our MVs in private hands used as pavement crawlers, are close to Jeep owners, but just as capable if they where to be used for work or off road.
Although I found it humorous, I didn't think it was very wise to leave notes like that on people's Jeeps or trucks. I think it's a good way to invite someone to vandalize your MV.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd say maybe this is a regional thing ...

We (the MV enthusiasts) and the jeep crowd have a lot more in common with each other than we do with the general econobox driving public.
I agree. Which is why it baffles me so much.

You may be on to something with the region. Not a lot of trails in my area. Almost exclusively private land in Texas, so the majority of Jeepers here are posers, unless the own land or pay for access, or leave the state. Just no free opportunities to go Jeepin’.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How bout some pics of said 5ton
Ask and you shall receive.

Post paint job. Behr satin finish

Air ride seats, VIC 3 with Augi’s phone to VIC 3 box, interior lights, white and red, and backup camera, Red Dot AC system from a HWMVV.m

The VIC 3 serves as an amazing intercom system. It came with a set of Bose noise canceling headphones. You can carry on a conversation, even take a phone call at highway speeds.

Winch bumper, with temporary light placement (decided not to mount lights here.) Also, switched winch to Warn Severe Duty 24v 18k lb. Headlights are Harley Davidson 24v. Super bright, very pleased. Had them for 2 or 3 years. Can’t Remember.

Winch mount on bumper. Yes, you can still open hood.

Overhead mount for VIC 3 and lights

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm. I posted these pictures Imgur. I just got an email saying that this post goes against the community guidelines posting “hateful, explicit, illegal or violent content”. And that the post was removed from “public view”

the world has gone mad when a military truck is “offensive”. The inmates are clearly running the asylum.

I just realized ... It had to be a Jeeper who complained!!! :D

Reactions: 98G

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m going to give the Jeepers another chance. I’m going to honk at them to get their attention. Maybe they don’t see me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks