• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jerry can doesn't fit jerry can bracket?

rtadams89

I have several Jerry can brackets like the one shown here (http://olive-drab.com/od_mvg_jerry_can_vehicle_mount.php). Once came mounted on my M35A2, and I have several stand alone ones that I bought at a swap meet a long time ago. I just recently bought several Jerry cans that to me, look like your typical 20L Jerry can (like this one: http://www.tmart.com/5-Gal-20L-Jerr...SAhI3o_cnxSTLJ1okd5F-I7DC9SbL3zZkkaAhkT8P8HAQ). Problem is, they don't seem to fit the brackets. The Jerry cans I got appear to be more squared off, where as the bracket looks to need a can that has a more rounded/oval base.

I'll try to get some pictures when it is light out to better illustration the problem, but off hand is anyone aware of a difference in Jerry cans and how do I find one that fits the brackets I have?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, those that you have are not the "right" ones.

you need the other "US" style mainly known by bigger "outlet" holes... someone else will link you, I'm having issues.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take a closer look, those are steel USGI 5 gallon cans. They are the correct can for MV can
holders. The plastic can made by Septer will also fit however not approved by US DOT.

rtadams89

Take a closer look, those are steel USGI 5 gallon cans. They are the correct can for MV can
holders. The plastic can made by Septer will also fit however not approved by US DOT.
So if I want to use the cans I currently have (20L, NATO, "small opening") what sort of bracket should I search for? Is there a specific name/identifier that will let me find what I need?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I fitted the big small hole nato can into a older U.S. holder, just took a bit of direct contact with a 3 lb. hammer to reshape the corners then paint and wal laa, a nice factory can and holder set.

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So if I want to use the cans I currently have (20L, NATO, "small opening") what sort of bracket should I search for? Is there a specific name/identifier that will let me find what I need?
Do a search on the UK auction or military vehicle sites - they often have that style (as well as US style like your holders) for sale. They are simple metal strap/lattice type construction with a hinge - not a formed tray and a web strap.. or rectangular boxes.
Styles changed over time and from vehicle to vehicle. There are positional options depending on where on a vehicle they were designed to stowed, upright, on their edge etc., also single or multiple.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks