• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jerry can holder and weapons butt stock holder bolt sizes

lostintexas

Getting the M1009 put back together and I've searched the TM 9-2320-289-20P but I can't find the info. I found another thread asking the same thing but only response I saw was read the TM. So how do I find the NSN for the elevated platform that the holder mounts to? Same question on the floor mounted rifle butt holders? Am I looking in the right TM?

Thanks

lostintexas

Yes sir. Looking for the bolt size for the piece on the right and the jerry can holder bolt size. Basically the bolts for these two pieces:

My weapon support the part your looking at on the right in your picture is welded in. Check out TM9-2320-289-20P page 375-376. Your Jerry Can Base is in the same TM on page 377 it's also welded in.

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

I just looked at my 009 and my gun buttstock holders are welded in. I will look at the bolts thzat hold my Gerry can in. I just went to autozone and found some that fit. the bracket is threaded for bolts.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As stated above, the jerrycan holder is threaded. But they are not all the same! One of my 1009's took SAE bolts, the other is metric. THAT was annoying at the time.
I'll look and see if I wrote down the sizes somewhere.

A side note- one of my 1009's has one metric bolt and one SAE bolt on one alternator too.

Cheers

gwhite87

Thundercracker,

That butt stock holder, do you have a part number or nsn for the entire kit that mounts inside the cab of M998 series vehicles? Any help would be fantastic!

thanks

cucvrus

In the left rear cargo area of the M1009 the hump on the floor will accept a fuel can holder. The welded nuts are 5/16 X 18 coarse thread. Does that answer your questions. I am not 100% sure but the upper weapon support brackets behind the drivers seat are 1/4 X 20 coarse thread. I hope that helps.

KansasBobcat

Getting the M1009 put back together and I've searched the TM 9-2320-289-20P but I can't find the info. I found another thread asking the same thing but only response I saw was read the TM. So how do I find the NSN for the elevated platform that the holder mounts to? Same question on the floor mounted rifle butt holders? Am I looking in the right TM?

Thanks
Just a tip. I routinely chase the threads on weldnuts and rivnuts. There is usually rust, paint, etc in the threads. You have to be careful with rivnuts as they don't take much torque before they will begin turning! Just be sure you have the correct tap or thread chaser. I agree with cucvrus on size fasteners on gas can bracket.

Last edited:

nyvram

In the left rear cargo area of the M1009 the hump on the floor will accept a fuel can holder.
BUMP :)

does anyone have an interior shot of the mounted fuel can in their M1009? was the bracket already in the rear of the truck designed for a fuel can originally?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks