• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

jerry can mounting

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think they would go inside the bed. It's the only place I can think of that makes sense. The rear tailgate makes a little sense, but then you can't fold the tailgate down.

85-m1028

do the mounts just have a base with a strap over the top? "like an m715" or is there a different set up, maybe one that could be locked??

ONTOS66

Jim, the photos came through fine. Thanks. I saw a truck sailing down the road a few weeks ago with jerry cans mounted on the sides, but couldn't tell how they did it. This might have been the answer. Great idea.

BKinzey

I'd suggest 2 antenna mounts side by side just to be sure :wink:

For an M1009 I'd also mount it on the tailgate for less of a chance to whack it on something. For those of us who are Belt & Suspenders type maybe look into fabbing up a brace from the inside as well.

dilvoy

The anntenna install kits for the CUCV's have some reinforcment brackets that acutally attach to the inner panel and reach through holes drilled into it to support the outer skin of the vehicle. It might be a worth while addition due to the weight of a full can of fuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks