• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

jerry can rack..where to buy cans?

ccf460

I am looking at putting an aluminum fuel tank under my deuce,between the frame rails (my tank has issues). I am wanting to fabricate a rack in the space vacated by the fuel tank ,to carry a few or 3 jerry cans, anybody done this? Advice? Also, where is a good place to buy the cans, kinda need to have possession of the cans before I start building.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am looking at putting an aluminum fuel tank under my deuce,between the frame rails (my tank has issues). I am wanting to fabricate a rack in the space vacated by the fuel tank ,to carry a few or 3 jerry cans, anybody done this? Advice? Also, where is a good place to buy the cans, kinda need to have possession of the cans before I start building.
I got 3 NATO cans not good for fuel anymore. Can be evacuated with nitrogen and shipped. Problem is UPS brown truck shipping.
Ft. Lauderdale to NC is far.......................

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I, too, am curious why no good for fuel. OP, try emmado22 for cans. Last heard he had many of the plastic Scepter cans.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as metal jerry cans - you have either really high for new USGI cans (50-60 dollars ea), or used you can try your local flea market and garage sales. They are hit or miss, though, sometimes you'll find a great deal but other, just rusty junk with crap in it or a hole in the bottom. With no more production from Blitz, they are where you find them.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a lot of metal fuel cans, but the only ones I trust to hold gas were produced in the last few years of Blitz's production from what I remember (I'm not near them, half the USA away actually).

The rest, the liners are shot, I put gas in one and looked in it the next day, the liner was floating on the top of the gas... yeah, not good.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
OOPS thought they were just for fitment

I misunderstood, thought the cans you wanted were just for fitment
like a building project.

Used fuel tanks are available.

I know of no new "jerry cans" under $75 bucks if one is there at the right time and place.

Those that I offered are not good underneath a vehical to transport fuel.
Put the tank made of aluminum in the bed. Fuel needs to be in a fuel tank.

Throw the spare in the back and put a fuel tank on both sides.
It is in my plan anyhow. 'll still have the cubby hole for stuff.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's a fuel tank in the classifieds for only $200. That's cheaper that buying Jerry cans and fabbing a bracket. 2cents

nickd

GO WITH THE NEWER PLASTIC CANS! No rust no fuss. Contact emmando22 on this site. He has them along with the plastic spouts and wrench if you need one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks