• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jerry Can Seals - Help!

CUCV IRL

Hi Folks,

I have a number of US Military Jerry Cans that I carry on my M1008. The gasket/seal on a number of them needs replacing. I can't get any of those seals here in Ireland as the type of Jerry Can that was used here was the NATO pattern can that has a completely different seal.

I need 12 of these seals. Can any of you folks help me with info on where I can source these seals for my cans? As always any help gratefully appreciated. :)

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Jim do you have any pics of what they look like? If you have a number of them it might be cheaper to cut your own from a sheet of material. I can point you in the direction of some good suppliers of various types of sheet material. I just purchased some yesterday for a niche application.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was in the active army we used to make them out of used inner tubes. Cut the hole small so that the grooves on the cap will hold the seal in place. They worked great on the diesel cans, can't vouch for reg. gasoline.
Another fix might be cutting them from heavy gasket paper or cork and glueing them on the can.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks