• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jerry can

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Emmado22 has a truckload of the Scepter plastic cans in used serviceable condition. I don't care for the plastic cans, traded mine off!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Emmado22 has a truckload of the Scepter plastic cans in used serviceable condition. I don't care for the plastic cans, traded mine off!
Oh, I like the plastic jobbies but there is no way on Earth I'd pay what they cost.

Metal for me. :D

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
so what "replacements" are there for the traditional jerry can? what is the story with the NATO cans? are they any good? seems like the jerry cans i have all seep a very little bit around the seam at the top. not enought to leak, but just a little wetness. i still like the looks of the traditional jerry can though. its stood the test of time!

Elwenil

NATO cans are great, I like them a lot better than the traditional US versions. They are much easier to pour and generally seal a lot better. They also tend to be a lot cheaper. Just avoid certain French versions as they use an odd spout that is impossible to find. For those who may argue that they want the US version as it's "correct" for the US, the US did use a fuel can identical to the NATO can in WWII.

Now if I could just find a good source for the NATO cans at decent prices I would buy a few more of them, lol.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
how much are those NATO cans going for these days? how much for a spout? how do you tell the difference between a french one and the others? I thought the NATO idea was to have all of the same stuff? haha.

emr

Plastic rules for me, i was at first years ago, What ? Plastic no way ! but as many metal cans as I have had, and they all rust , the plastic US cans can be run over by a HMMV size vehicle when full and not break or leak, they are awesome !!! they can take the most beating of anything out there, But the older mettle spouts are the way to go they pour much faster than the plastic spouts, both spouts fit just nice.

OH and emmado s cans are soooo reasonable and easy to get, I think they are less than mettle for sure....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks