• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jerry cans

At the railroad museum that I volunteer at we have about 40 of the old style jerry cans, the problem is the spouts. The Blitz ones don't screw in well and leak. The other problem is that the new spouts are the small tube type that take F-O-R-E-V-E-R to fill. Any sources?

Aerialfred

It seems like I found flexible spouts at the flea market. I bought one 3 years ago and it slips in place then you flip down the lever and it seals great! I use it with my military old style cans, just like the originals.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The screw in spouts block the vent hole. Also, that vent hole tube gets blocked over time internally. I ream mine out with tie wire. If the vent is clear, I can dump a 5 gallon can of diesel through a military spout in a minute.

At the railroad museum that I volunteer at we have about 40 of the old style jerry cans, the problem is the spouts. The Blitz ones don't screw in well and leak. The other problem is that the new spouts are the small tube type that take F-O-R-E-V-E-R to fill. Any sources?

I found one of the "flip type" on "that" auction site. I think it was gold plated, but did not show that in the photo. Perhaps there was crud (that did show in the photo) over the top of the gold. Either way it had a price more than I was willing to pay.

TPK

emmado22 - do you still have any more of that "mountain" of plastic USGI cans for sale? Any DD's to go with them? If so, can you direct me to your info, thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks