• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jet A in a 6.5

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you will need to add lubrication.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jet A will clean your fuel system!! May have to change your filters.
Also I think it is very dry, you may need to add a little oil for the IP pump.

Yarb

We used to run our tugs and our fuel trucks at the airport on Jet A and never had any issues. They always ran very strong, but then again I don't know anything about what it does to seals or anything else in the engine. The A&P mechanics for the G3 and 4's used to take the sumped fuel that we quality control tested and put it in their volkswagon Jetta diesels! It will def run!

jdknech

I work for a airline (free Jet-A) and ran jet-A in my 95 Z71 diesel 6.5 for months, and it LOVED it, but i blew the heads (too much boost) and i replaced them with 6.2 heads, and now it runs like S*** on jet-A so a stock 6.5 should have no problem with it, just ALWAYS add lube.. i put lucas in mine, and put 100gl worth of additive per 50gl of fuel..

side note- Jet-A is like race-fuel in my M1009 turboed 6.2 :driver:

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks ill think ill put some wmo or even new motor oil in the tank to avoid the color red all together
Don't forget that the DS4 injection pump has an optical sensor that needs to "see" the fuel so having it too dark with waste oil or dyes is not a good thing.
FWIW,
Chad

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget that the DS4 injection pump has an optical sensor that needs to "see" the fuel so having it too dark with waste oil or dyes is not a good thing.
FWIW,
Chad
This can't be stressed enough. WMO will blind the optical sensor in short order. My son put 5 gallons of 50/50 in my 94 and it pretty much shut it down. The red dye didn't show any ill effects as far as operability. The standyne red and blue formulas were designed for the DS4 and will do nothing but help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks