• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jingling rear axle / driveshaft

cliffyp

There is a metal ring between the yoke and retainer to the housing.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373427589.039856.jpg
It freely spins and jiggles in place and jingles as I drive down the road.

What I've seen so far in the TM doesn't show or mention it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373427681.481545.jpg

It doesn't seem to be a problem of any kind, however the jingle sound is annoying. Is this piece mentioned in the TM and I'm just not seeing it? What is it and how do I make it stop jingling?

cliffyp

It occurred to me to look in the parts manual is well. -34P does show it and just calls it a "dirt deflector". #4 in the attached picture.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373516781.625011.jpg
Is there supposed to be some type of retainer clip that keeps it from jiggling?

kapnklug

Yep I had one of those bust loose on me once. I think I drove a feeler gauge in between the pinion yoke and the "dirt deflector." Alternately, you could use a hammer & punch to puts some dents in it around the circumference to hold it against the yoke.

cliffyp

JB Weld seems to have worked for the time being. Used used the putty stuff and just went all the way around the flange working it up under the the little gap. I guess this is a combination glue/shim, the hardens JB is acting as the shim.

All I have say is that it's music to my ears not hearing that darn thing jingle as I roll down the road!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks