• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jobsite Assault Vehicle

Strong50

IMG_2037.jpgIMG_2036.jpgIMG_2032.jpgIMG_2035.jpg
So I bought three M1088's about 6 months or so ago and after a stint with Colon Cancer I'm back converting them into a work truck and two promotional vehicles. Its going to take awhile because i'm still using a walker to get around and trying to use the house shop so people stop trying to tell me to take it easy. Anyway, does anyone know how many amps the running lights, break lights, and reverse light have? I am planning on skirting the flat bed and adding several LED lights and LED light bars for Reverse lights. I have looked as much as I can over this forum and cannot find anything more than a LED upgrade to original lighting?

02smokemaker

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to hear you're beating the cancer!
Your work looks excellent so far. I can't wait to see the rest.

Jericho

I use the multi volt LEDs , some run from 9 ish volts to 36 or even 48 , Saves even worrying about voltage , but if in doubt Use a multi meter on your socket and see what its getting. Good luck with the battle, Positive attitude can be 90 % of the battle , sounds like you got that licked !

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LED's use a lot less amps than conventional bulbs, generally 1/10 or less than the conventional bulb for the same lumen level. So, use the formula Watts = amps times volts. If you have a 25 watt conventional bulb in a 24 volt system, it is drawing a little over one amp. A LED replacement bulb should only draw 1/10 of an amp or less. If you wanted to draw the same amount of amps, you would need to use 10 times as many LED lamps - thus a lot more light. I think that is what the OP was trying to find out or do.

Crapgame

God bless ya, Strong 5-0! Good luck with recuperating and hoping it stays away. Don't want to get nosey about what you had to go thru, a former SF Brother invented a device to help people in similar situations you may be in, helps them lead a normal life as much as possible, he still skydives, rock climbs, etc with his device www.ostomyarmor.com

Good luck with your welding and fabrication, looking forward to seeing your projects.

someoldmoose

Are you looking for LED bulbs to fit in your original lights ? If so, SuperBrightLEDs is where ya wanna shop. I have converted several vehicles to LED bulbs. They do also have just about any kind of auxiliary lighting you could think of or want. As for your "current" question, you would have to go around and add up the ampereage of each bulb. All that matters is, less is better for the alternator and batteries. Your rig looks amazing so far. Hope mine goes as well .

Strong50

I have been looking into different support systems and actually came across that website. I have been learning a little more each day and hope that eventually I'll get it all figured out. Thank you

Strong50

I have a question about the light wiring on the reverse light? IMG_2041.jpg This Shows that there are two wires, one connected to a bolt and the other leading to a plug. I purchased multi-volt LED lights to put in the rear bumper and each of them have two wires ( red and Black ).IMG_2044.jpg If my assumptions are correct, i would splice the Red wire into the plug and splice the Black wire into the wire connected to the bolt to the original light? thank you.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Are you telling me or asking me?

If it does light up when you put it in reverse, it has been modified from stock. Not a bad thing, just not normal. Any pics of the front?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So I looked back at your first post, my bad, I am not familiar with the fmtvs. Thats probably a stock item on them.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks