• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Joined the 5 Ton club (M923A2)

SoylentGreen

Got a 1990 M923A2. Just spent the day replacing the the tranny, fuel, and oil filters and changing the engine oil (tranny oil was fresh). Can't believe how easy this thing is to service, way easier than the M35A2. Next will be the differentials and transfer case. Will need to temporarily bypass the heater since it has a small leak. 2013-02-17_12-30-22_997.jpg

Hooper

Got a 1990 M923A2. Just spent the day replacing the the tranny, fuel, and oil filters and changing the engine oil (tranny oil was fresh). Can't believe how easy this thing is to service, way easier than the M35A2. Next will be the differentials and transfer case. Will need to temporarily bypass the heater since it has a small leak. View attachment 412434
Very nice, still can't believe the government is selling such nice trucks. Looks like you got a good one.

ARYankee

Good looking rig!!!! Your decoder ring is in the mail :jumpin:

Sorry that I didn't get a chance to swing by and check it out during this trip home. I was busy with a job interview, working on the 09, and hanging out with the family. I'll be back in 2 weeks and I will make it a point to come by or we can meet up in Hot Springs for lunch or something. I'm sure we will get some attention in the 5 tons :)

Oh yeah I agree with what the others have said. My deuce has sat since getting the 923. I like the 939 series much better than the deuce or the 800 series.

Scarecrow1

That is a super nice truck. I hope it serves you well. I bought my 923A1 in November of last year and still have a stupid grin on my face. The thing drives as good as a car lol . Again welcome to the club.......

Britanis83

I have a M923A2
Can you please tell me the parts number for the Fuel and oil filters also what grade of oil should I buy and where can I get them.

Last edited:

Ford Mechanic

I have a M923A2
Can you please tell me the parts number for the Fuel and oil filters also what grade of oil should I buy and where can I get them.
Check the sticky at the top of the page in this same part of the forum. The TM section on the home page will show all the fluid specs and capacitys. The engine takes 22-24qts of 15w40, all the filters and oil are availible at typically any parts store.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Heater core is from Oreillys 398010. About 20$ modify the existing cover.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks