• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Joined the MKT elite

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I decided to go ahead and purchase an MKT 90. Ive watched some guys with them ( including my Dad ) and decided I wanted to get one. Kept it a surprise until late last night called Dad and said take a ride with me tomorrow. Needless to say when I pulled up to the trailer it was a surprise. Got home with an uneventful trip. Got it opened up back at the house and unfortunately I'm missing some key parts but I do have some of the hard to get stuff. So now the hunt begins. Heres a couple pics. Travel covers are good just need to fix some loose stitching. Foul weather covers are good to. Also had 2 36 gallon canvas water bags.20141014_172707.jpg20141014_172726.jpg20141014_172734.jpg20141014_093605.jpg

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. I already got told by the "boss" that need to get it outfitted for future backyard parties.:shock: Should be fun.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the concept of owning a MKT, but I will probably never need a kitchen that can feed that many people, it's just overkill. But I'm glad you saved one for yourself, it's pretty nice!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Digger, what are you missing? I saw a couple of pieces of unobtanium in the pics. Most of the knives and utensils can be had at your local food service equipment dealer, along with spare parts for the CAMBRO containers for less money and a lot less hassle than trying to purchase mail order/auctions. If you don't have it, you might look at the USB drive of info thread "MKT Thumb Drive".

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Digger, what are you missing? I saw a couple of pieces of unobtanium in the pics. Most of the knives and utensils can be had at your local food service equipment dealer, along with spare parts for the CAMBRO containers for less money and a lot less hassle than trying to purchase mail order/auctions. If you don't have it, you might look at the USB drive of info thread "MKT Thumb Drive".
Thanks I will do some thread searching after work.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to be getting my hands on a manual over the weekend but in the meantime can someone tell me what this is for. There are two.20141014_173715.jpg

61sleepercab

I have a MKT85 trailer that was pretty bare but a bargain with good canvas. I found parts on ebay and the GL auctions. For instance, I bought the ovens sets with pots and all the hand tools brand new in original boxes. I now have every thing and am ready to fire up the burners and in honor of my late Marine Veteran friend, the first entree will be Spam . The thumb drive library is really handy for info. There are good youtube videos of MKT trailer being used by the Armed Services Food Units and trailer owners using the set up. The PITA is that there is no triple bowl sinks built in to keep the food safety police real happy. I call my outfit the $100,000.00 GI hot dog grill !!!!!!! Mark

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to be getting my hands on a manual over the weekend but in the meantime can someone tell me what this is for. There are two.View attachment 522359
They sit in the top of the oven on the two rails and hold any combination of GN pans that equal one (one full sized, two half sized, three one-third sized, four one fourth sized, etc). With the lid of the oven off, you can serve directly from the same pans used to warm the food in the first place. the pieces that stick up in opposite corners go up when installed. Thanks for asking!

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a couple hours in on some cleaning today. Pulled the cabinets and got out the pressure washer. Got some good leads for some parts so it will start coming together hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For anyone wondering what a stripped out MKT looks like. I will post up some pics as I start putting it back together. Anyone recommend a metal cleaner? Not looking to make it look like chrome just clean. Thanks 20141027_175241.jpg20141027_175312.jpg

Another Ahab

For anyone wondering what a stripped out MKT looks like. I will post up some pics as I start putting it back together. Anyone recommend a metal cleaner? Not looking to make it look like chrome just clean. Thanks
There's NEVR-DULL Metal Polish, but it's mighty labor intensive.

Somebody likely knows something more suitable for your job here.

Nevr Dull.jpg

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes it does work well but like you said labor intensive. Wondering if there's some type of liquid application cleaner.

61sleepercab

If you are going to cook for the public, make sure the cleaner is NSF or food safe. Alum-brite is used on truck body alumnimun to shine it up but is it for food service?? Ask you local mom and pop dinner how they clean their pots,pans, and equipment that is approved. Have fun. i plan on cleaning my trailer and making a laminated map of what went where. Memory can fade between cooks, you can lose stuff even in a small trailer. Mark

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are going to cook for the public, make sure the cleaner is NSF or food safe. Alum-brite is used on truck body alumnimun to shine it up but is it for food service?? Ask you local mom and pop dinner how they clean their pots,pans, and equipment that is approved. Have fun. i plan on cleaning my trailer and making a laminated map of what went where. Memory can fade between cooks, you can lose stuff even in a small trailer. Mark
I've actually seen an Air Force MKT that had stencils on all of the cabinets listing what went where. Pressure wash with soapy water is probably the simplest way of cleaning. A Steam Jenny (also called a 'hottie' up north as I've been told) will also do wonders on getting everything spotless.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks