• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Joining the 5 ton club.

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been wanting a 5 ton for awhile and with some advice from the members here I got one today, it's a m925a2 in Kansas. It looks to be a runner, this will be my third recovery, easily the biggest.

I'm super excited to get this truck. Thanks to those who gave me sound advice.
image.jpeg

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, I have a question for 5 ton owners. I was watching the video of the truck running and noticed the fan wasn't turning, is that normal? Like it's got a clutch so it doesn't rotate when the engine is cold?

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Hey Coolcars, nice looking 5 ton! Wish mine had a winch. Good luck and have fun. They are a blast to drive but you would be surprised how many people still pull out in front of you. Maybe they don't know you can just drive over them.:driver:

Artisan

The fun part is driving the truck for the first time and hitting the freeway and
then all of a sudden THE FAN ENGAUGES. (Bring Your-spare chonies brotha' ) :)

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fan is loud if it stays engaged at low speed.
I never hear mine come on at hwy speed or feel any loss of power.
Welcome to the club to both of you it's good club to be in.
Just a tad under armor club lol.

mcmullag

I did not notice loss of power when the fan came on. You can hear the roar when driving when it comes on as it really moves a lot of air.
I had one idling in my driveway for at least a half hour on a 55 degree day before the fan came on. Congrats.
If you meet up with the military vehicle collectors of Colorado
http://www.mvcconline.org/
folks you can talk trucks with folks that own them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks