• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Joining the HMMWV club

Wire Fox

Welcome, I too just joined the HMMWV club, won a 1986 2 door yesterday.

View attachment 699166View attachment 699167
Good looking rig! Welcome. I know a guy who would like to buy your brush guard mounts if you don't want them. ;)
At the same time, I'd advise you to not commit to selling them until you actually have your HMMWV in-hand. I had considering either selling mine due to a lack of brush guard or buying a brush guard prior to delivery...glad I didn't, because the brush guard was in the back of my HMMWV, it just wasn't pictured or mentioned. Ended up being a very nice Luverne unit that just needed new mounting hardware and vibration dampeners, the latter of which Luverne still had in stock.

twisted60

Thanks Wire Fox, I PM'd jeffy and said I was holding on to them as I might want to get a guard. Would be a nice surprise if there was 1 in the back...

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The recovery went pretty smooth today. The truck started right up and looked to be in pretty good shape. We had to move a couple other trucks around to get mine out but that just added to the fun.

Here are a couple of pictures from the day. The blue trailer is mine, the other pictures are of others being loaded today.

20170913_105709.jpg20170913_101906.jpg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks