• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Joining the MV brotherhood

KD8NGV

Well, I went out and purchased my first M35A2. It is a 1971 American General with the hard top and heater. A bit that I know about her history: Purchased by previous owner from Glenn's Surplus in Shelby, Ohio. Then owned for about 6 months by an individual in Belleville, Ohio. I found her and instantly fell in love on my first test drive. She now sits at my property and has completed a few runs for milkshakes and filling in for other vehicles that fail to perform. I collect Antique Allis-Chalmers tractors and I hope to take the Deuce to shows and parade along with my tractors. I have been doing some reading on here and love looking at the builds and pictures of others' beloved trucks. I think I have named the truck Roscoe, but I have not drove it enough to decide yet. I have a lot in mind to do it, but am limited on that funny green bill stuff the call money. I have loved every moment I have had with it.

I found out first hand about the single circuit brakes.... On may way home from picking up the Deuce the hydraulic stop light switch gave up the ghost and spewed brake fluid all over the place... No brakes.... Talk about scary second ride. Everyone is safe and thanks to good farmers we were able to get it home. I have since switched over to the Air Stop Light Switch to not have that problem again...

My first run to get a milkshake at the local McDonald's brought about lots of heads turning! I loved talking to them about it. I have lots to learn and hope to glean that info from here and personally talking to you and all the vets that worked with them in the field.

I ask for patience as I post questions and learn about my new addition to the Adams Old Iron Acres. It will be taken care of with love, patience, sweat, cuss words, tears, and adult beverages. :grin:

Thanks,

Kevin.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats. I had a deuce or two in my yard for 20 years. Sometimes I do miss them.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats and Welcome! the Deuce got me into this hobby and I hope to see you at the Haspin Rally in the Spring. We need pics tho....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Congrats. I had a deuce or two in my yard for 20 years. Sometimes I do miss them.
One of the oldest M35 videos on Youtube is a Deuce pulling a tracked Land Rover up a hill. One of the comments hits the nail on the head:

"The good old deuce and a half. Best da*med truck in the world"

KD8NGV

Tractor Pictures

Here are some of my tractors!

The first one is my first restoration project: 1939 Allis-Chalmers RC
The second is most of my tractors at the GOTO in Indiana 2016
The third is my Pride and Joy, 1968 Allis-Chalmers D-10 Series 3 pulling my dad's 1943 B to a parade in nearby Fredericktown.

CL 1.jpgDSCF3978.jpgWP_20140906_10_40_36_Pro.jpg

KD8NGV

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! I hope to see and talk to you over the course of this adventure and those of you who have your ham, I hope to talk to you on the air!

-73's

KD8NGV

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks