• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

JP-8 Fuel

deuceaid

Banned
basicaly your talking about a mix between diesel and kerosene,,,,, good enough for mechanical diesel engines,,, and jet turbines........ buy some diesel and thin it down with some kerosene...

as a good example.....a cheap honda genset burning jp8...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf-zUsIT4W4[/media]

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I regularly haul 140,000 gallons at a time of the stuff... sometimes I get lucky and can get some 'waste' fuel when they clean a tank out or send a refueling truck to maintenance.

I've burned it in many different diesel engines. Mixing it with regular diesel, some 2 stroke, WVO, or WMO, and it burns just fine.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JP-8 is highly refined kerosene, with three types of additives - antifreeze, corrosion inhibitor, and biocide. It does not jell or get crystals down to -47 degrees C, algae supposedly won't grow in it and the corrosion inhibitors helps to break gunk from the surfaces it contacts. The difference between it and Jet-A is in the strength and composition of those three additives. If burning it in a deuce, add some oil or Opti-Lube to increase lubricity.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks