• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

JP-8 in MEP 003A

helomedic1171

found a can in my shed with a gallon or so sloshing around in it, and got to thinking....

The search I did on the site brought me a post where someone said JP-8 is good for cleaning out a gooped up fuel system. is this true? thinking about running it through my genset when i clean out the fuel system and prime it with the fresh deisel. thoughts?

Keith_J

It is no better at cleaning than fresh diesel. Yes, it burns fine in most diesel engines but it can be less lubricating than diesel so limit the time a diesel runs on it. Diesels have much higher injection pressures so lubricity properties are part of the specification for diesel.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JP-8 is a great fuel, and works wonders for cleaning the system. Add some lube in it and run it. It will clean out your system well.