• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

July 4th Parade, return trip..Beach to Mountain Home........

Orionspath

Enjoyed about 15 hours worth of road in my Duece over the past month. The story began last year as I sat watching a parade on the 4th of July in Bethany Beach, Delaware where we spend the summer months (well she and the kids like the sand). I was bothered that there were no mlitary vehicles in the parade and vowed that next year there would be at least one if I could help it.

So I got seroius about my convictions and found this website, GL and my beach tanned duece! The neighbor's KIDS LOVED it! (thier parents just didn't understand). 13 children threw out double bubble gum and sunflower seeds for about an hour and a half as we drove through the town.

I was especially moved by the older veterans as thier eyes focused on the truck as they stood from thier seats to see the truck pass before them.

But my misson started a couple weeks earlier. Luray, Virginia was my starting point at 0430 on a Saturday morning. 5.5 hrs. later, I was at the VFW in Bethany picking up barbequed chicken! ~ 235 miles! I did encounter a battery genorator problem which I have yet to figure out.

As fortune would have it, I got my EUC approved on two M105A2's to be picked up in Maryland. I was able to route my trip passed the base and picked both up on my return to the mountains! Long HOT DAY last Friday. TRAFFIC around the capital beltway (north half) was in full Friday swing or rather halt! Took me about 9.5 hours to make that trip.

You all were right about one thing.....my cheeks ached from grinning the whole way! Both ways!

Special thanks to all who offered help along the way if needed. Especially Bruce in Olney, Md. who answered his cell phone while on vacation in Ocean City, Md. on the first leg of my epic mission!

Pete

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: July 4th Parade, return trip..Beach to Mountain Home....

No worries, Pete. I'll help you anytime!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks