• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jump start

Dhjmd

So...was just thinking...I have a M923, four batteries, 24V. I also drive a Dodge with Cummins, 2 batteries, 12V. Could I wire in a NATO slave to the Dodge so that I could easily connect to the slave on the M923?

603hellmutt

No, but yes. You would need to make the slave plug receptacle achieve 24v which would require wiring the 2 battery's in the Dodge to make 24v. Though I'm not sure if it will effect the Dodge. Best of luck

MtnSnow

To jumpstart from your Dodge with two 12v batteries that is supplying 12v to the dodge truck you will need to use two sets of jumper cables and hook them up to the primary pair of batteries in the 923 hooking the cables up in standard 12v (so your supplying 12v to each battery from the Dodge's 12v)

dmetalmiki

Absolutely not. You need the batteries wired in series for 24volts and they are already wired for 12 volts in parallel. You would short them out trying to do both circuits at the same time.

74M35A2

Way easier to simply get 2 new group 31 batteries for $100 each for the 923 and be done with it (not have to jump it). You can boost at least half of the 923 battery bank with 12v off the Dodge while cranking the 923, but would need to be a conventional jumper cable connection to 1 of 2, or to 2 of the 4 M923 batteries, and it will help 50% which can be enough to be the difference between it firing over or not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks