• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jump starting m1009

a68cudas

Was wondering if you can use two seperate jump boxes to jump start one of these. Put one on one battery and other on the second battery to turn one of these over?

motormayhem

Normally if you kill the battery from leaving the lights on or radio or anything 12v the front battery is dead the rear is ready to go. Therefore you just need to jump the front one and it will start.

a68cudas

The batteries were not totally dead the had some juice but not enough to crank her over. I hooked up both jump boxes one on each battery and cycled the glow plugs and she fired right up. Let her run and recharged no problems :beer:

gwag

Yea you can screw around all day trying to jump that front batt but I have got them started jumping the rear batt, but if you just want to get it started jump them both!

Bozor1000

i had to jump mine this past weekend before i broke down and replaced the 8yr old batteries. but a jump box and a truck worked fine for me
I've done that same thing. I put a jump box on the rear battery and and a truck on the front battery and it worked. My batteries were pretty dead when I did it.

croftonaviation

here is a question. assuming you don't have a Nato slave plug and you wanted to jump a deuce with a cucv
where would you hook the jumper cables up at? Not on the deuce but on the cucv.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks