• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Junky but Hard Workin' 1008

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is my M1008. It has lived a hard life, first with the Army in Desert Shield, then as a municipal high water rescue truck, then reassigned to the city pothole patch crew. It is rusted, it smokes, the 12 volt wiring is a disaster, the bed is caked with asphalt, it has death wobble, the interior is a mess. But it ALWAYS starts, runs, and works it's butt off for me. Today hauling a heavy excavator . . .

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

March 8th, 2010.

Unfortunately, that is the way a lot of good military surplus trucks get treated in the governmental world. I have seen two good M37's and one really good M715 get beat to death, and ultimately the M715 and one M37 got rolled at a county park and scrapped on site.... They get them cheap and they beat them to death. At least the truck in NDT's post has a small chance of surviving now that its in his hands....[thumbzup]

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks