• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Junkyard Recovs (Pics)

No.2Diesel

Hi,

I haven't posted pics of the Deuce in awhile so......Here are a couple of pics of my Deuce bringing back two items from the same junkyard in February. Enjoy.

Item No.1: "New" 10' dump bed for the 57' Oshkosh. Used the 819 to swap beds.

Item No.2: 1963 Crown Imperial. Currently being restored as a gift for my Father. Ssssshh!! He doesn't know, its a secret! 8)

Post No.666 :twisted:

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool pics. I'm not a big fan of 60's land yachts, but I was always kinda partial to the 1965 Lincoln Continental, with the suicide rear doors.

Got any before and after pics of the Oshkosh with the previous bed vs. new bed?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Mopars rule!!

No.2Diesel

I'll be starting to do redo my driveway and "motor pool parking & maintenance area" this weekend so I'll make it a point to post some pics of its facelift and it working. We just started driving the Oshkosh this week. Wow does that thing move! 7.21 axle ratio :D Pedestrians cringe from the engine noise and blower whine :p

Like some beers, early 60's MoPars are an acquired taste. :wink:

54reo

Nice find on the Imp.

62' to 65' MoPars are some of the greatest examples of styling out there.

413?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Awesome:
I had a 63 Dodge Dart Slant Six 170 three on the tree that had over 300K on it when I drove it to the junk yard. The sheet metal was still solid and the motor still purred. I should have mothballed that car it was a great ride.

I am sure your dad will love it. Some picts of the dump conversion would be nice too.

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Thanks for all compliments guys. ArmyMan is right. If there was a list of great internal combustion engine designs, the slant six would be right up there in the top 10. I drive one every day. If humanity ceased to exist, the slant sixes of the world would still be putt-putting around 8)

Imp: Yeah its a 413 w/pushbutton 727tqflite. 10.1:1 Comp. 340hp/430tq. Yes it has the "dreaded" press on brake drums. There not as bad as described in the world of MoPar literature. It originally came from Cali. so it has factory AC. Just about the only option it doesn't have is rear AC. Its got electric everything + 6 way power seats and everything still works. Its got 43K Miles. Its the only Chrysler product from the 60's with body on frame construction. Only thing missing is the gas tank!

And just to keep this post MV related, below is a pic of the Deuce with a small load of rings from a drywell job.

Attachments

Crash_AF

There's a junkyard out here that has LOTS of older cars in it... If you need a gas tank, let me know and I'll see if the guy has one. The old man doesn't answer the phone much, but I have good luck dropping by and catching him.

Later,
Joe

No.2Diesel

Thanks Crash. I have not yet determined whether or not an Imperial gas tank is similar to other C-bodies of that vintage: Newport, New Yorker, etc. There is an Imperial only junkyard in Nebraska so I may try him too. Thanks again.