• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jurassic park themed deuce

jeryshery

I'm picking up another a2 in a few weeks. It needs paint. Thinking about grey and red. Something like thiskevin_jp_jeep2.jpg but much larger. Has anyone seen this done or done this? If I had photoshop I'd make up a pic with the grey and red and the jp branding. What do you guys think. Will it work or will it uglify the truck?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen it and did it to a upgraded powerwheels jeep as a test model before doing a real jeep. Long story short, it's your deuce so have fun with it..also the door stickers pull it all together. Don't skimp on them.

1334797518.fuzzytoaster_20120418_192652.jpg

jeryshery

That is the coolest power wheels I've seen. I really wish I had photoshop, that way I could figure out what it would look like before I do it. I don't want to spend time and money painting the thing just to have an eyesore that I have to drive everyday.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! Well it's all up to personal taste. If anything the design isn't complicated: prep and primed with gray, red detailing with rustoleum, (if you wanted to go the extra mile) paint the undercarriage black. If you don't like it then re-prime the red areas and paint with a camo scheme of your choice. As for photoshop I can't help you there. I know it would be a neat novelty project at least.

mcmullag

Bulldogmack13 and I are working on one for a friend, doing a snow camo job he wants. Maybe call it winter camo instead of snow camo.
Just gonna use; white, gray, black. IMHO the J/P vehicle colors scheme may be overpowering on these big trucks. 012.jpg
mikes trk 004.jpg

Last edited: