• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just a few reasons it's good to own a CUCV...

erniemigi

I just love the attention My 09 gets when either were out driving around or when we stop at a restuarant and get something to eat, i like sitting at the window to where i can see it and watch people walk up to it and stare at it like "Ooh and Ahh", love pissing off the guys with there thumper music, everytime we go out the wife wants to ride in it instead of using her car, love being able to pop the hood and having alot of room to be able to work on it unlike all this new crap out there, the local leo's know me and don't even bother me they just wave as i go by

Disciple

The turn signals aren't a request or even a suggestion, but rather a warning! I can get new fenders, doors, and bed sides all day long at just about any junk yard! Them bumpers AIN'T plastic!

A

A/C Cages

I had someone in a parking lot back up into my Hummer. Take a look at my avatar on here and tell me how can you miss seeing my Hummer in a parking lot?
Didnt even scratch the Hummer but the hitch tore a hole into their trunk lid on their rice burner.

I love when you take a Deuce to HomeDepot and park it in the handicap parking spot. Makes people wonder. lol Yes I have a handicap sticker and a reason to have one too. It was the only spot I could find otherwise I never use that stupid thing.

JUNKYARDJOHN

I had someone in a parking lot back up into my Hummer. Take a look at my avatar on here and tell me how can you miss seeing my Hummer in a parking lot?
Didnt even scratch the Hummer but the hitch tore a hole into their trunk lid on their rice burner.

I love when you take a Deuce to HomeDepot and park it in the handicap parking spot. Makes people wonder. lol Yes I have a handicap sticker and a reason to have one too. It was the only spot I could find otherwise I never use that stupid thing.
All us old crippled up folks don't drive VOLVO WAGONS. John

Hal O'Peridol

For a few weeks after I bought the 0-9 I would be in the drive thru lane at Starbucks behind either a city PD or county Sheriff. I would pull up to the window and be told that the cops bought my coffee for me!

philjafo

The turn signals aren't a request or even a suggestion, but rather a warning! I can get new fenders, doors, and bed sides all day long at just about any junk yard! Them bumpers AIN'T plastic!
Right a bumper and brushguard that says pull out in front of me I dare ya

NCBloodhound

It was my K5, but seeing the look on the drooling car salesman's face when I told him, "I'm not here for a new car I'm dropping off the piece of crap one you already sold me for service again!"

They were circling like sharks!

Iceman3005

All these posts are awesome, I have had a lot of these things happen too me in the last year that I have had both my 1008's. My wife loves to drive hers around and watch all the guys drool. Yes its a chick magnet!:cool: Love to pull people out of the ditch for driving there $50,000 4 wheel drive 60 mph down the snow covered road, and then see there face when I tell them no you don't have too pay for pulling you out of the ditch....... I only paid 1000 for my truck anyway! Love it when the idiot's try cutting me of because the left lane ends, then they quickly realize that my truck paint is dull and I already have a few dents...........there $40,000 car isn't worth damaging and there not going damage my truck.........so they give in and pull in behind me:)

Last edited:

sarge1

Epic thread. Needs to be stickied.

:beer:
Appreciate it and I like all the input from everybody, but I really think the forum would like to keep the stickies technical in nature. :beer: I'm glad I bought my 08 and just thought if this thread floated around enough, it might alleviate at least a few of the "Do I want a CUCV?", "How's a CUCV for a daily driver?", "Is a CUCV a good 1st vehicle?" kind of threads from popping up all the time.

67_C-30

I get asked almost daily about the '09 - "Is that a DIESEL???" to which I usuallly respond "I sure hope so, because if it's a 350, it's sick!" Most of them get it, but others draw a blank stare and I have to explain.;) The majority of people never knew that a diesel was fairly common in even a civi Blazer, so they think the '09 is really special because it has a diesel in it.

aaron1009

Appreciate it and I like all the input from everybody, but I really think the forum would like to keep the stickies technical in nature. :beer:

Absolutely. Sorry, must have had my serious face on. :D

A lot of these have made me want to go drive around my local yuppie "Ye-Olde-English-Village" while burning used motor oil for fuel.

br44

Because I can buy 30 Cucv's for the same cost as my Principle's Mercedes Benz.

To think we have to lay off teachers!auaauaaua:soapbox:

Snuffy74

There is a warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you manage to stop at a light next to a Prius with the exhaust right by the open window... I love sharing my passion for diesels with the 'green' types...

And never having to wait at an intersection. Funny how everyone lets me go first 8)

1986Blazerk5

There is a warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you manage to stop at a light next to a Prius with the exhaust right by the open window... I love sharing my passion for diesels with the 'green' types...

And never having to wait at an intersection. Funny how everyone lets me go first 8)
:funny: I love doing that too!

91W350

It is so much easier to drive and park than my deuce. My boys like riding in the bed of the 08. It is nice to be able to go a month without stopping for fuel. They are simple and cheap to fix, great transportation....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks