• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just a little ticked off.....

alaskajeep

ok...pardon my vent....

granted I have not been on a lot recently, but I have been a member for what I consider a long time....but I was away for a while and returned to find the forum had changed over
my old username and PW would not work over here, so I PMed the admin....never heard back
I figured I would give it a wek or so...went outta town again and returned...still no reply....and now I see someone new has registered here with my username

yeah, I know, too bad so sad.....but I sure wish there was a lil more info over there on the old site
I can still log in there and read up, but nothing there really helped me get on over here

Since someone was able to register here with my username, I assume we needed to start over on this forum from scratch.
what of the photos? messages in our mailboxes?

ok....think I'm about done venting.....
:cry:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
all my stuff transferred over, but there were things to fill out.. I did not imagine a username could have been lost.

Have you discussed the username issue with the person that registered with your long time user name?

alaskajeep

no, I have not been able to get on here until tonight :(
and I know the guy who signed up using that name prolly didn't know that I was trying to get on here with it

can't really blame him....

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow that is the worst hick up I have heard about I can attest to your being a long time member as I remember reading some of your posts long ago. I would PM Mike Mangus to see if you can straighten it out. I may be missing something too as I have not found the member map......

Elwenil

I don;t understand how your account was lost and someone signed up under your old name. Even if you were somehow lost, the posts would still be in place and the username could not be used again. I don't think it is possible for someone to take over an old account unless they signed on with your name and password and changed the password.

mangus580

What I dont understand, is the ONLY contact I have had on this issue, was a PM to the OLD site. (which I just found yesterday.)

I emailed you a response yesterday afternoon, and have heard NOTHING back.

So before you get your panties all in a wad about it, why dont you CONTACT us using the CONTACT link... or maybe the support addy that has ALWAYS been posted on the old site.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Now Mike, he said pardon his rant, take it easy. I know in a stiuation when my addiction is taken from me, I don't always think clearly. He was just posting his concerns. I trhink he had some valid points, can't we all just get along? :wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks