• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just acquired 12 m211's......

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This post needs its own link in the Safety forum as a reminder of HMV owner's responsibilities and liabilities.

A little tough to stay positive after that but ....as for the OP's original post, 12 wows in a row, a twelve wow row, twelve wow. Thank you!

Group photos?

Desert stored trucks, 12 of them, ya...just wow. If you're selling parts, We'll talk when I can.... I want to get all the good parts before any of these other loco guys get to them!!! Laughing out Loud

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That accident should have never happened. A loose drag link is completely detectable by the loose steering. Had it happen on my M880.

M211guy

Well Heard bout that before I got these trucks, And to be honest I'm not real sure they know what caused that truthfully, They still have that truck that went off there, and honestly one accident in 30 years. No doubt I feel sorrow for people involved, and yes a true lesson of preventive maintenance no matter the cause. And what I have seen these trucks are maintained for sure.

Anyways..... I'm happy with what I have. Now to get to work on em!!

M211guy

Few more M211 Pics

IMAG1129.jpgIMAG1130.jpgIMAG1131.jpgIMAG1126.jpgIMAG1124.jpg

Have 9 of them in my yard so far, put batteries in this morning and they all started!!!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You win!

Hard to kill an army truck. We've had stories in the past about people who topped off the oil, added fresh batteries and fuel, and fired up trucks that hadn't been started for DECADES. Rust is the biggest problem for old military vehicles, their mechanicals are pretty rugged...

M211guy

Mmm, REB powershift too! Gonna keep em all? (hint hint)
As bad I would love to keep em all and get em all going..... I will probably sell a few here and there. I am going through them now, hard to choose which one or two i wanna keep.

emr

I wish you all the best, as for the statement, Hard to kill Army trucks, I am pretty sure they did not mean the M series GMC's, They are some of the most beautiful trucks ever made, sadley there is allot of reasons there are not allot around, there repair/maintenence bills must have been crazy to keep that many of those in service, It always is great to see someone with the enthusiasm when they frist get these, I hope it stays with you, All the best and good luck !!! :)

M211guy

they ran these trucks for 30 years in that canyon..... I'm not sure the mechanics were exactly top notch though. As for propane tank, yes, they have all been converted to propane!!