• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

just an idea..

baja_power

I cant speak for everyone. but i know that I personally hate crawling under the truck to drain the tanks. and of course unless you want them to freeze up ( which i have had happen this winter) you have to drain them. What if some 24V solenoids were wired up and attached to valves and run switches to the cab with safety covers on them to prevent accidental air discharge. :?: that way you could drain your tanks without crawling under the truck and getting dirty.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
or a heated auto tank drain, almost all the over the road trucks and most other big trucks have them, as the truck goes down the it releases a burp of air when the moisture builds up. at shut down just open the rear trailer glad hand valve

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i installed something about the same on my 819 ,only got my valve from napa, and the fittings from lowes, i have about $10 into it

h1crwchf

tank drains

I wonder if you could install some elbows on the tanks, run copper tube from the tanks to the side of the truck, maybe to the step under the driver's door and put the valves on the end of the tubes. I hate crawling under to drain tanks. Mine froze up last Wednesday.

Dave

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got mine from "foxholejoe" on ebay several years ago. Paid about $10.00 plus shipping.
Yes, the methanol is pulled in by the compressor at a rate of about 1 pint/1,000 miles of driving.
Don't know about the effect of the alcohol on any of the seals...

Wick246

If it's been on your truck for a while and you are having no problems then it must be fine. Another great idea - just when we thought we had seen all your tricks...

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most truck supply houses have remote drain valves using a small 48" steel cable. You replace your butterfly valve with it, and run the cable anywhere handy so all you have to do is give it a tug and the job is done.
\
dg

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our fire trucks have small chains on the air tank valves. You can stand next to the truck and pull the chain to drain the water. When you let the chain go the valve will close.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks