• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a 5 ton!!! Jacksonville TX

Mercuno

Pretty excited about it. I build steel buildings and the rain kills me for weeks at a time because most of our locations are so remote. I wont worry anymore. It was a trailer hauler so it has a shorter wheelbase, we took the 5th wheel off and welded a flatbed to it so we can mount our welder and tools. Thought about using the flatbed to carry a small telehandler on it.

IMG_20150512_132236622.jpg

IMG_20150512_132201887_HDR.jpg

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What were you using previously?

My suggestion is: Watch out!!! When you get the 5 ton stuck, it's stuck!!!

Best wishes and welcome to the OD club. What will your next military truck purchase be?

rick

Mercuno

I didnt install a duece bed I custom fabbed one out of c channel 2x3 tubing and 1/2'' plate steel. I have a 12k winch with hooks and a receiver hitch to mount it anywhere I want, I do want to get a larger winch when I can figure out a good source. We started out small time with tiny buildings and a nissan pathfinder, then a 1/2 ton ford 2wd and then a 1 ton ford diesel 2wd and now a brand new 1 ton ford 4x4 diesel. Lost an entire month of work in march due to rain and mud april was a good month and now this whole week and probably part of next week rained out.....so I had been talking about getting one forever and just broke down and bought one. Spent an hour trying to rewire batteries PO messed up and then drove it 2 hours straight home. Gamble I know, but had contingency plan. few minor issues but my whole company is comprised of veterans so we can fix it lol.

I know they are great in mud but want to get some more power for the hills. Anybody know where a thread is for governor mods or any real power mods are? dont want to max it out just tweak it a little.

plan to do parades opfor for militia and jobsite duty. future plans will include another one also. we run our company like we are still in the military

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks