• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a Deuce

SouthernM715

APPLE! God im jealous you have a deuce..damnit..well..If you need a hand working on the axles I know how to work on them if your not familiar with them. I had a set of rocks on my suburban and went through them to understand them better.. Since were in the same county basically were gonna have to meet up and see the rides.

aboonski

Greetings from an East Coast M35A2C owner. If you ever decide to drive over to the Melbourne area, stop by and see me - I live adjacent to I-95 and State Road 192. A good landmark near where you would turn is a place called the Bare Assets. Just about everybody seems to know where that place is at. Kenny found my place with no difficulty so be sure to look me up if you are in the neighborhood. I am working on buying another deuce for parts but it will not have axles because the person selling the residue only wanted the Rockwells for a future monster truck. PM me sometime. Al Broadbent

pa.rich

Try and make friends, and get him in for a ride , maybe his kids in the back. If he is a normal guy , he will like it. Do something for him with the truck, maybe carry some stuff for him? I know, some people are so far from "down to earth" in there perfect sanitized rich world , and dont understand the fun of this hobby, or the practicality of being able to do some real heavy work with these trucks. Let him drive it, you never know, he may start to like the whole thing.Maybe an offroad stretch and a cup of coffee, a little talk about the site, etc. Personally I dont want to be considered one of those survivalists with army trucks and ammo and guns, etc so I make it clear that I just like the large trucks and how tough they are built and fun to drive.There is alot of misconception about men who own army trucks. So be aware. We all have them for different reasons, but they should know if they are negative about it.Show him our site and the picture gallery. Maybe he will understand.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice lookin' truck! I opted for the glasspak thing too. The BWWWAAAAAA of the LDT465 was drowning out the sweet sound of the turbo. Now the BWWWAAAAAA is gone...mostly...and the sweet sound of the turbo is what you hear as it approaches...well, that and the fan!

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, BTW, my neighbors are more immune to it than my wife. Had the truck a few years, she has only put her butt in the seat 1 or 2 times. She likes it ONLY when it makes the school PTA $. Oh well, her loss :roll:

kinetichotshot

I hope the 14 days in the hospital were unrelated to the deuce.... otherwise wife and neighbors will be really hard to convert! Hope all is well now. I dont have any mvs yet, but my neighbors dont complain about my rig, so I might be ok when i do get one!
Laterz,
Gator

appnut1

Hospital stay had nothing to do with the duece, some stupid infection. I have since added the NAPA muffler option and have serviced everything and made some brae repairs.

dc3coyote

I just use this thought.
Loud pipes save lives!! It works like this, some idiot is driving their BMW and talking on their cell phone, they will have to say hang on let me call you back I cant hear you.
There you just may have saved a life.
Or you can be driving down a neighborhood with a deaf child theyu cant hear you but they certainly feel the vibs from the engine.
My .02 cents
Branan

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
If it yours on your property legally registered and insured what is wrong with it. Like Craig said it is your concern not theirs. I have a whole driveway full of military vehicles the good thing is from the street you can just see the deuce.

qdbrown

Thinking about toxic neighbors, I have always wondered if any were successful in making it hard to have a Deucenahalf in the neighborhood? Such as putting weight restrictions on the road-going though the city hall. I have noticed that some nearby neighborhoods have road signs that say 'No Trucks Over 1 1/2 Tons.'

For your average suburban neighborhood, having a very Military-looking truck out front, green, big and ugly (as beautiful as they are), looks very out of place to most. They have expectations about how everything is suppose to look, that when you break that norm, it just bothers some really bad. I have not had a chance to talk to any of my neighbors about my truck, but I have noticed what works on co-workers and friends who often have curious questions. I tell them these trucks are being discharged from the service. Not unlike all the real heros who served our nation, these are just another version that needs to come home, be respected, and taken care of. It seems like when you pull in the history element, it seems to go over better because their first assumption is typically wacko.

It seems like when my co-workers and friends hear that, the next question is, and what does your wife think about your truck? I tell them that she's just glad I didn't buy an airplane, and likes to go on little Sunday drives with me. I always offer to take my(truck's) top off, if she will hers. She never goes for it.

goldneagle

Welcome to the family I am attaching a picture of my Deuce with the NAPA muffler mod. It was really simple to install. We cut the lower pipe at the heat shield location and clamped the muffler in between the cut pieces. We cut the flared lip off the top piece and added a flapper to keep the rain out. Pipe size was 3 1/2" diameter.

Attachments

goldneagle

Thinking about toxic neighbors, I have always wondered if any were successful in making it hard to have a Deucenahalf in the neighborhood? Such as putting weight restrictions on the road-going though the city hall. I have noticed that some nearby neighborhoods have road signs that say 'No Trucks Over 1 1/2 Tons.'
When I lived in NJ the most over regulated state in the country I used to drive my 14250 lb Isuzu NPR into neighborhoods that had "NO TRUCK" signs on purpose. I wanted a cop to give me a ticket so I could fight it in court. I figured if UPS and FEDEX and other delivery vehicles could legally go there they could not discriminate against me.

Trash truck weigh more than 1 1/2 tons so I guess no more trash pickup in that Dallas neighborhood? No school bus? the list could go on an on...

qdbrown

goldneagle said:
When I lived in NJ the most over regulated state in the country I used to drive my 14250 lb Isuzu NPR into neighborhoods that had "NO TRUCK" signs on purpose. I wanted a cop to give me a ticket so I could fight it in court. I figured if UPS and FEDEX and other delivery vehicles could legally go there they could not discriminate against me.

Trash truck weigh more than 1 1/2 tons so I guess no more trash pickup in that Dallas neighborhood? No school bus? the list could go on an on...
I thought about the same, but I know how a local judge would view it. They would say school and trash as necessary government business. Fed-ex and UPS to some degree as well, but you, the lonely owner of a heavy-duty recreational military truck? With gas going to $4, you should be checking into Mini-Coopers and Yugos, and stop tearing up all our roads just for fun.

But you do make a good case, it would be discrimination. Not to mention, the truck would empty. I believe the fear is you would load it down to capacity, and make pot holes everywhere. An unloaded Deuce is not that bad.

Potholes are a big concern, as some you would almost need a Deuce to crawl out of around here in Dallas. Another reason why heavy trucks are not popular. We have a lot of natural gas drilling going on, even within the city--one well sits next door to Fort Worth City Hall. Those trucks leave ruts in the road so bad, you really don't have to worry about steering if you wheels can follow the ruts.

goldneagle

Actually since the trash collectors in NJ and here in LA are COMPANIES not municipal vehicle you could argue that you have the same right to make A living as the BIG guys. Judge and gov't have no right to tell me what kinda vehicle I can use for my business..this is a free country not the Soviet union or China. Too many damn regulations...that's why I left NJ. I think soon you will need a permit to take a S__t in that State! Overtaxed and over regulated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks