• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

just bought a deuce

DanMartin

Looks good man!

That's a lot of miles/hours, so I would start off with a full top-to-bottom PM run-through. Assume that everything will need at least a good looking over, and plan on a complete change of all fluids.

Get ready to support our advertisers here on the site...you'll get getting to know them well. :)

Congrats man...welcome to the OD addiction.

Oldgrunt

Congrats
Welcome to the club. I'm a new member myself, and am still amazed at the amount of info and help these guys are willing to give. Great looking truck, nothing that a little sweat and paint won't take care of. Good Luck.
Semper Fi
Old Grunt

KaiserM109

At least it has a heater! I just figured out that the deuce I bought in July and have had in storage most of the time because I can't afford it right now doesn't have a heater!!

' Hope you have an understanding wife, if you're married.

PS search this site for info/advice on bypassing the Fuel Desity Compensator if you don't mind making it diesel only.

5.0fox

Hello all, I am musclecar664's brother.

Glad that he told me about this site, because as you can see there is plenty for us to do on the new truck. And it seems there is huge amounts of useful info on this website.

First thing that we are going to need to get it through inspection is both windshields, any suggestions. The frames are pretty much both shot, so we will need the whole assembly. What is the best place to get these.

Also, we are for sure going to need a manual for this thing. Is there one that is liked better than the rest. What do you guys recommend? Thanks

poppop

She looks good man!!! Welcome to SS and have lots of fun with her. Even if she does have some miles on her she will give you much pleasure for many years.

ygmir

Looks good, welcome.............
Lots of smart folks here,
And,
some funny...........or at least thinking so........

hahahahaa

Henry

poppop

5.0fox, welcome also. Windsheilds have been discussed a lot in the last couple of days so do a search and you will find all you need to know. I think all the manuals are available here on site so check that out. If you want hard copies keep check on e-bay as I got all mine there. Some members also have some for sale I think so maybe post a wanted ad.

beaubeau

It's all Green!!

:driver: I like it!! It's allGreen! No camo! I will be painting mine Marine Corps Green this summer! Camo is Bad!! I can't find my truck in the Woods!! :!: :cry: Welcome and Good luck! Phil

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: It

Welcome to the site guys and to the East Coast Steel Soldiers clan. Make it to Aberdeen in may even if you have to drive a civilian vehicle it is a great place to meet a lot of the folks on this site. My first prime mover was a duece and it remains one of my favorites

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter

You're in!!

Share your experiences here, and learn everything you can. You'll love the hobby!

Steel Soldiers is the most educational sight you'll find anywhere when it comes to MVs, (and a few other topics from time-to-time)!

[thumbzup]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

CHeck the quote on the bottom of this post for manuals. They are available free on this site.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial

Welcome to the forum, guys! I'm a M37 owner, myself. Don't have any place to park a deuce without making the City Fathers wet their pants. We have a town ordinance that reads "Trucks larger than a standard pickup truck shall not be parked at the curb in residential areas." My M37 pushes the limit, but the police chief is a friend and fellow member of the American Legion. As long as I have no complaints from the neighbors, I'm good, and I have nice neighbors. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks