• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a deuce!!

cgah04

so excited thank you for everyone on here who gave me input and information on this truck. its a 1971 Whistler turbo. Know to purchase super singles any sugjestions?? this truck came from the nj national guard with a new engine not rebuilt and currently holds 350 miles and 500 hours. new paint new interior. everything works minus the passenger wiper, no major leaks or any leaks to be concerned about. the exhuast pipe where the loop is needs to be replaced.

Attachments

Last edited:

Preacherboy

modified hemtt wheels and 46" michelin tires, lots of different folks provide these...I got my hemtt wheels and adapter plates from 13mike on here and got my tires from craigslist's adds. They are really big and really cool!

cgah04

Awesome Deuce and you lucked out getting a whistler.:D For super singles this guy has them available. Might want to drop him a line.
New 2 piece Military M35A2 wheels Rockwell 2.5 ton 20" : eBay Motors (item 200328475801 end time May-30-10 12:45:32 PDT)
thanks, that is just for the rims. i found this one for rims and tires + 280 shipping.. SOLD! gonna purchase tomorrow.. M35A2 46" Michelin XML tires on custom Rockwell wheels : eBay Motors (item 200371718077 end time May-06-10 03:53:06 PDT)

cgah04

modified hemtt wheels and 46" michelin tires, lots of different folks provide these...I got my hemtt wheels and adapter plates from 13mike on here and got my tires from craigslist's adds. They are really big and really cool!

any difference in turning the deuce compared to the stock tires?

Bighurt

Ah, you went with Clints wheels...very nice. I'm still trying to figure out what to sell next to get some big tires.
He advertises them with two different back spacing 7" and 2". Could you not mount the 7" rim backwards or are the plates only milled one way. From the pics the 7" looks like it has nearly 2" if reversed...

Anyone?

Either way he has nice stuff.

MO MV man

I want a set so bad I can taste it.......
But I'm having a **** of a time coming up with $4000-4100 for a set of six delivered right now, financially.

Heck, that's more than I paid for the whole truck! :cry:

Akicita

now for tires and insurance any sugjestions???
I'm not very far from you in Pennsylvania. Finding insurance for my Deuce was a very frustrating experience. Maybe you'll have an easier time in Jersey.

I had contacted several insurance companies. Only State Farm and Erie showed interest. In the end, I chose State Farm because I already have to two cars insured with them.

Good luck !

MO MV man

I e-mailed pics and the truck VIN number to my insurance man and no problem.

Full coverage and a normal policy with no "classic car insurance restrictions".

Price was more than the mega-low classic car policies but super fair, in my opinion.

cgah04

I e-mailed pics and the truck VIN number to my insurance man and no problem.

Full coverage and a normal policy with no "classic car insurance restrictions".

Price was more than the mega-low classic car policies but super fair, in my opinion.
what ins company do you use?

i tryed erie but they dont cover nj for some reason.. gonna call state farm tomorrow. i contacted several others and they all wanted it garaged.. now i have the availability to put it in a garage and take a picture and send that to them but not to store it in one.. would they look further into it then just a picture?

Unforgiven

He advertises them with two different back spacing 7" and 2". Could you not mount the 7" rim backwards or are the plates only milled one way. From the pics the 7" looks like it has nearly 2" if reversed...

Anyone?

Either way he has nice stuff.

I'm also curious about the 7" backspacing when flipped backwards. It would certainly make carrying a spare tire easier if one rim fit all.

Kenny714

Got mine insured with Allstate and I'm just down the Parkway a few miles. Been almost a year and haven't had any issues or inquires from them. Good luck, Deuce looks real clean.

Garandfan

I use state farm. 36 bucks/half. no garage restrictions. Just took pictures, plated historical - because it is. I put the Big Ugly in a car show and won "Best Original Truck" and the picture was in the local paper. My insurance agent sent a laminated article in the paper congratulating me. I thought that was cool of her.

MO MV man

what ins company do you use?

i tryed erie but they dont cover nj for some reason.. gonna call state farm tomorrow. i contacted several others and they all wanted it garaged.. now i have the availability to put it in a garage and take a picture and send that to them but not to store it in one.. would they look further into it then just a picture?
My truck is under Liberty Mutual.
I have standard full coverage with none of the limitations of classic car insurance.

Most classic car insurers require garaging and there's no way I can afford to build a garage that big.