• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a m923A1 from Jeff City!

commandojeff

Tuesday works for me. You will need to call and make an appointment.

Things to take.

Sae 90 gear oil and a way to get it into the axles etc
coolant and distilled water.
all types of wrenches/socket, screw drivers, allen wrenches, all sae
An electrical multimeter
A way to service tires with air
grease gun
Fuel filter for the truck - Fuel filter napa FIL3401 or wix 44301
5 gallon jug of diesel
rotella 15-40w heavy duty motor oil

We should be able to do a good check on the truck and service any areas needing attention so that when the day arrives you should be able to just drive it off with a quick check.

There are a number of threads that discuss what to take. I think I got all the important stuff.

If we find any big issues we can flat tow it with my M932a1 when the EUC clears. I have all the necessary gear.
Should I also get some transmission or power steering fluid?

Could you link me to one of those forums on what to take? I found one a couple weeks ago but can't seem to find it now.

Thanks,
Jeff

markmontana

Jeff- in the dozen or so 939's I've recovered and driven home- the transmissions have been topped up. Keep in mind they use motor oil in the trans, so no need to take along ATF. In a pinch you can use the rotella.

On the other hand- the power steering needed fluid about half the time. I have had great luck with Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak- so I alway take a bottle along with generic PS fluid.

Also, coolant level can be low- so take plenty- they eat it up.

Also- I swear by adding some kind of diesel fuel treatment. Power Service is easy to find, but I hear really good things about Stanadyne.

rrrr

Jeff I did a search and couldn't find the post I was thinking of. Oh well. Power steering fluid would be a good idea. The tranny will have 10wt motor oil in it so if its low we can use the 15-40 to get it home. Diesel treatment is a good idea as well.

commandojeff

Okay cool. I have two gallons of water, one of anti freeze, a gallon of oil, and two quarts of gear oil. I also have as many tools as our poor little civic can handle haha. I'll get some power steering fluid and some fuel treatment tomorrow. I went to advanced auto cause it's close to my house and they didn't have a filter, so I'm going to napa tomorrow.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats Jeff NICE looking truck and I am going to tell you right now your going to love the 900 series, decent road speed, power steering, quiet interior at all speeds, these trucks are the tool for just about anything. Great purchase on your part!
KK

commandojeff

Well, looks like my EUC cleared today. I am going to give Mike another call about setting up a date to pick it up. I really wanted to look over everything before, but I guess we will do that before we take off.

Stein12501

Picked up mine on Fri. Mike had cables we hooked up and fired it up. After checking out the rest of the truck she ran the 40 miles like a champ. Hope the same for you.