• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought M1097R1 - need help. Anyone in NYC?

M1097R1Rak

Hi guys. I am new here. Just purchased a M1097R1 and need some help with it. Anyone can give some advice.
The truck started. I drove it, but it goes about 10mph - not sure why. Maybe transfer case or what.
If there is anyone local who understands this truck and can take a look at it, it would be beneficial.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should have changed all the fluids and filters the very first thing, most of the R1s have been sitting for decades.
We need more information, are you in high range or 4L?
Is the transmission shifting? If you open the water drain valve on the fuel filter does fuel run out while running?
One of the first things you should do is read the operators TM, they are provided free here on this forum.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a link to the TMs, you should download the first 7 on the list to start with.
Your R1 will have the same UOC (used on code) as the M1097A1 which is AVY for most parts identification.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you do anything, go to the top of this forum, and look for a download the technical manual/TMs. They are free, and that will answer all your questions about fluids and everything else

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks