• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just Bought My First M105. Did I get A Deal?

greenupscott

Banned
I have been kicking myself for selling my 3/4 ton military trailer for some time. I have been watching GL at Wright Pat and Columbus and have been watching the M105's selling for $200 or less for a while. I got a M105 with just the sideboards for $150 yesterday. Is that a good deal? I have wondere since they have been selling for so little. Is there anyway to get rid of some of the excess weight on that thing? The auction said it weighed 2600lbs? Thats crazy. I would consider a different axle of some kind. Thanks in advance

jasonjc

There are every bit of 2600lbs. Changing the axle and wheels will take off some lbs but it still will be 2000lbs I'd guess.

greenupscott

Banned
For some reason nobody seems to want them, several sold for $120. The one with the top went for $220. It made me very uneasy to see them sell so cheap.

not a bad price. I picked one up yesterday with side boards, bows, canvas yesterday for $225 but alot of them with no side boards were going for $300 yesterday. prices are really seeming to very.

greenupscott

Banned
I tried to do the EUC end use certificate but couldn't get it to convert correctly, what a bunch of crap to buy a trailer. Then maybe waiting 45 days for it to go through... As a government employee for a different organization I thought we had some dumb rules but this takes the cake....

Mike_Pop

Try buying an M105 on the west coast. They go fro $400-$1200. For some reason, trailers fetch a lot more out here. I found on the east coast, you can't give away M105's.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got two of them at WPAFB for $120 and $185. The $185 one had the bows and cover.

Of course that is if they give me the ones in the pictures.

;-)

saddamsnightmare

May 10th, 2008.

Greenupscott:

You got a good deal on the trailer, but might I say, squawking about the weight is rather unnecessary. If you wanted a jeep or CUCV trailer, get one of these..... The M105 series were designed to follow the M35's with cargo through just about anything, and like the bed on the M35, it's designed to take a beating... Changing the axle will only drop the capacity, and the weight reduction might not be worth it, plus you might screw up the towing geometry inherent in the design.
Given the price of scrap lately, I suspect many M105 and 332's are going to be headed to China as shredder scrap material, but they were built to be fairly bullet proof and easy to fix. They do seem to go on the used market for between $450.00 and 1000.00, depending on condition, location and the buyer's need for a heavy trailer, so you're not likely to be out much (unless diesel prices keep going up- THEN no one's going to want 'em except as shredder scrap) if anything. Give it a coat of paint, lube it, and run it, they're quite useful to save your deuce's bed for better things. [thumbzup]

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
"??" JOHNSON MFG.Co (The "Big" Johnson) MERDC/NATO woodland 1-1/2 ton Cargo Trailer,Okla.ANG.
1967 MEP023A Hercules Generator Set, OD Green
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S404.114 Mercedes Benz NATO Green

ems4ty

I just got a M105 from another SS member about a week or two ago. Paid $250.00 for it. All the bows and gates were there. Master cylinder was dry and I think the diaphragm leaks a little. Also, 3 of the 12 pins on the harness keep pushing back into the plug. (Trying to solve that issue. Got a new harness on the way just in case.) All in all, I'm pretty pleased with it, however there is one exception. The removable gate used for the tail gate or table doesn't stay in the holder. I was driving down the street yesterday and the gate popped out again. Had to chain it down with the tailgate chain. Love the trailer and for a $150.00 you can't go wrong. Good luck and have fun with it!

papercu

trailer

headed to China as shredder scrap material
Amen to that, the junk man has aready paid me a visit and offered 150.00 each for my M105s and I get to keep the wheels and tires. I've been able to say no, so far but if it keeps going up they may break me yet..... Wayne

ems4ty

RE: trailer

Scrap metal (Tin and Junk Metals) just went up over here. It's now $245.00/Ton as of this past Friday at the scrap yard my company takes metals to. Just thought I'd post that tid bit of info. 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks