• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought my M35A2 last Sat. and found this sight this wk.

bmH1065

Don't know a lot about these trucks. Worked on them back in the Army in 70 to 71. Didn't have to do a lot to them though.

My only problem now is the J pipe. When I picked it up, there was a small hole in it. By the time I got it home (206 miles), it was a big hole. Had a shop build me a 90 flared on both ends and plan on weilding it on. It really made the pipe a lot smaller. Will this hurt anything?

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Just bought my M35A2 last Sat. and found this sight this

Welcome Aboard. I`m sure there will be lots of advice. My advice is post pics. We like pics [thumbzup]

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Any constriction in the exhaust is a bad thing...an engine is basically an air pump...the easier the air goes in and the exhaust goes out the more efficient the engine will run.
You can order J-pipes from several sources. They are easy to swap out.
I would spend the extra money and get a proper replacement.

scooter01922

Welcome to the site. I fully agree with the previous posters.....we like pics :) If i were you i would just replace the J pipe, narrowing of the exhaust isn't going to help anything out and certainly might cause some issues in the long run.

wreckerman893 said:
Any constriction in the exhaust is a bad thing...an engine is basically an air pump...the easier the air goes in and the exhaust goes out the more efficient the engine will run.
comes from murphy who spliced a couple pipes together to make a complete " J " pipe lol

Offroadfabworks said:
wreckerman893 said:
comes from murphy who spliced a couple pipes together to make a complete " J " pipe lol
I resemble that remark. :lol:

bmH1065

Thanks, I would like to replace with right part. I will take some pictures. The guy I bought it from had done a lot of work to it and always kept it inside. I could keep it in my moms barn but she has peacocks that like to make a mess of things. He painted the front half in gloss OD and gave me 2 1/2 gallons of paint. Didn't like gloss at first but do now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks