• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought this deuce,now what do i do with it?

hmburner

I bought this duece from a woman whose hubby got it stuck in the bush 15 years ago. He is long gone and others have tried to pull it out and failed. It was sunk to the axles in mud,but i pulled it out with the arms on my R model Mack lugger.I towed it back to the yard and had a look at what i bought......It shows 41 k on the speedo and except for missing glass is in really nice shape. The engine spins over on the two batteries i borrowed but the fuel pump doesnt want to run. It has a big sticker on the inside of the door that says UNITED NATIONS but no other identifiying marks. I can see under the olive drab it was painted red at one time. I could use it for spare parts for mine but it seems to me that would be a waste of a nice duece
Tell me what you think or make me and offer i cant refuse

Bill

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: m135

It's got the original bed - those are hard to come by, most have been rotted out and replaced by M35 beds. I'd say it looks a little rough, but worthy of a resto. Not crappy enough for a parts truck...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: m135

Westy, I heard something about it getting repo-ed or something like that. What ever happened? Someday I'll find one for the right price and it will get a Caddy 500.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I know where there are two of these in a junk yard.
They have been there a looong time but can probably be bought for scrap price. They are in NE Alabama.
PM me for details if interested.
They may get cut up in the near future since scrap is so high right now.

hmburner

wreckerman893 said:
I know where there are two of these in a junk yard.
They have been there a looong time but can probably be bought for scrap price. They are in NE Alabama.
PM me for details if interested.
They may get cut up in the near future since scrap is so high right now.
I paid 700 dollars for the truck. I work in a scrapyard and pulled it across the scale just to see what it was worth. It weieghs in at 1175 minus 200 for the tires for a grand total of 975 $ of dirty oversize steel

Bill

pa.rich

That truck isnt bad enough to scrap. Basicly a good bumper on front and its pretty straight. Paint it and it will look good Try to save it. I have a XM211 and I had a bad bumper , but I repaired it with a high tech 18 lb sledge hammer. You'd never know it now. What are your plans for the 135 or 211 in the backround? Do you need a headlite /grill assembly for that? I have one.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy, would a caddy 500 fit the tranny in a M211?

If it does, I will be seriously pissed- I sold a nice running 500 a couple of years ago after it was just sitting in my garage for years. aua

Keep it. I bought an M211 from GSA, and was going to sell it. But now I think I'll keep it as it is a rarer bird and in extreamly good shape.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The detail you are probably forgetting about trying to repower/re transmission these trucks is - it has a single speed transfer case. High and low range selection occurs inside the transmission.

HTH,
David Doyle

hmburner

pa.rich said:
That truck isnt bad enough to scrap. Basicly a good bumper on front and its pretty straight. Paint it and it will look good Try to save it. I have a XM211 and I had a bad bumper , but I repaired it with a high tech 18 lb sledge hammer. You'd never know it now. What are your plans for the 135 or 211 in the backround? Do you need a headlite /grill assembly for that? I have one.
That is a 1956 M135 in the background. I have everything for it and am repowering to 3 53 Detroit two stroke deisel,hence the front end being apart. Here is a pic of what it looked like when i bought it for scrap

Bill

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks