• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just driving around

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drive mine every chance I get. I have collerctor plates so its a grey area just to drive it without a "Reason/event." Well, you can drive it for regular maintenance as needed. Mine always needs to be run every week to keep it in tip top shape..............
I love to drive the deuce to relax and escape to the "other world" I guess thats why I own it.
If you get hassled just say you're going to "show" it as a "historical artifact" at a local school or church or something. There are always "car shows" going on. It is your word against the LEO's. If LEOs know what's good for them they'd snap a salute and wave you on by.

They also cannot deny you to move it for maintenance reasons. Not all of us are "diesel doctors"
. I personally wouldn't dream of pulling over an MV unless the driver was being grossly negligent in his driving practices or the vehicle was unsafe.

I have to bring mine to the house so I can work on it. I don't like dragging all the tools down to the storage lot.

ad5zo

Yes! For no reason and for any reason. When the nieces and nephews visit they have to have ajeep
ride.
The 1943 Ford GPW jeeps vets lots of workout. It goes on most camping trips. Does about 300 miles on a weekend to the mountains.

Everyone looks and gives a thumbs up.

Never been stopped by a LEO ... No PC!

Like a previous post: It won't go that fast! LOL

Keep 'em rollin'!

800summit

I drive mine for no reason, but where I live it is like an adventure everytime I take her out.
I use it mostly for moose hunting, this year put 1600 miles on it to and from hunting camp.
I am always looking for an excuse to due a lube her up drive.:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks