• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just finished front end rebuild

Sargent Snow

So i just got done putting it back together,boots ,bearings,brake pads,wheel cylinders the hole 9 yards.Now i need to know if i need dot5 brake fluid.My buddy said that is what he used in his 5 ton truck.Just need a little info on that.And is there a certain order to bleed the brakes.Any help would be great.

DieselBob

So i just got done putting it back together,boots ,bearings,brake pads,wheel cylinders the hole 9 yards.Now i need to know if i need dot5 brake fluid.My buddy said that is what he used in his 5 ton truck.Just need a little info on that.And is there a certain order to bleed the brakes.Any help would be great.
Checkout TM 9-2320-361-20. You can download it from the resource section. Has the complete bleeding operation for both the "pressure tank" method and the "soldier B " method. Section 8-12 starting on page 8-32. I am in the middle of doing the same thing. Got right side done now I need to get the left side.