• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just found a problem and a solution... for the horn malfunction on anM925A1

scootertrs

While doing the complete go through of my new truck, I noticed that the horn was not operational. If grounded at the horn relay it would work fine. If I wiggled the steering wheel, once in a while it would do its thing. Tracing the wires we found that there is a connector at the bottom of the steering column, inside the cab that even though it looked OK, the outer piece that grabs the prong of the wire going to the horn relay had broken off. We were able to reassemble the connector and put it back together and now I can get your attention... figured I would give something back to the guys that have given me so much help.

goldneagle

Mine had a loose screw that the ground wire was supposed to be attached to at the bottom of the column inside the cab. Had to install a larger diameter screw to get it to hold tight.

I just fixed my horn and it was a PITA. I ended up replacing everthing for the horn except the horn and solenoid. I put everything together and NOTHING. Then i took a break thinking about it. I finally figured out that the new diode i put in was bad as well. So i got a new diode and all is well. Finally i can make it go toot toot!

jwesley74

ANyone know the NAPA P/N for the air horn solenoid? Our M925 solenoid post broke, and is loose. Now being jiggled the horn will stick on. We have disconnected it for now. Need a new solenoid, but would like the NAPA P/N if anyone knows it.

scootertrs

Youu can do a geebaye search for 24v air solenoids. I picked one up for $12.00 (continous duty) for my a/c engine fan turn on project-ss rules do not allow for posting auctions

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks