• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just got a M32K-4A Trailer

FloridaAKM

If I have to back up the M32K-4A, it is disconnected & pulled to the rear area with a small tractor or truck (or even by hand if unloaded). Then it is reconnected & go on forward to the next destination. You can't push a chain or a rope, neither can you back up these trailers with a large military truck!

99nouns

CORRECTION the stencil says 50 mph not 55 mph, also they are no longer stencils bu actually vinyl lettering cut in computerized CNC type of machine, seems like military is modernizing too fast, what will you do if you dont have a computerized vinyl lettering cutter, use a Sharpie?

What is next? Camo Wrap military equipment? Like of those car wraps on advertising company cars. Ridiculous.

Anyways, I have been looking ways to train my self on how to about getting use to driving this trailer, because I truly need it. I too my self have not been a big fan of video games specially after seeing how they have effected the youth in amount of valuable time wasted but I guess I can say exception doesn't brake the rules.

I was able to get my hands on Farming Simulator 2013 and try to practice backing up without turning my small farm into a construction zone. I have so far learned that I have to move forward 30% to be able to recover awkward turned trailer before I can successfully continue backing up, so if I move 10ft back, I have to forward 3ft to straighten then move back more, my constant problem seem to be as below picture.

fsScreen_2017_01_15_15_16_03_cr.jpg

Like the FloridaAKM said it is much easier to maneuver with a tractor than a Long Wheel Base truck because of the turn radius, but I am really trying to get the hands down basics of the entire procedure.

I have looked at some of the considered fabricating suggestions above and I have not be able to come up with good ideas what I can fabricate to keep the tongue straight. Because there really is not any other things to attach anything.

Below are some of the new pictures, please let me know if I can any more of them at any particular angle.

CAM00136.jpgCAM00137.jpgCAM00138.jpgCAM00139.jpgCAM00140.jpgCAM00141.jpg

Some of the pictures are panorama so they might look weird.

99nouns

Did I post this in a wrong section, how come no one is able to edit their posts? Will one of the nice admins move this thread to some where appropriate where we can edit out posts please?

Thank you,

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have so far learned that I have to move forward 30% to be able to recover awkward turned trailer before I can successfully continue backing up, so if I move 10ft back, I have to forward 3ft to straighten then move back more, my constant problem seem to be as below picture.

View attachment 662284
What are you trying to do in this pic, back to the right like alley docking or back straight? Not familiar with the (or any!) video game, the pic implies you let the error or over steer of the tractor get too far to the right when the middle pivot point (tractor hitch) departed from straight.
Looks like it would be real easy to make this pin - quick release, then insert an extension for training purposes, to slow down the trailers wandering. There are many youtube vids of backing wagon type trailers and a lot of them have looooong draw bars.

The "lock trailer steering" modifications could be done with a clamp collar to the middle/front 1/3 of the drawbar and chains to the front corners - hold downs?, of the flatbed.

FloridaAKM

I have been able to back this trailer with a large ZTR mower because you can forsee & counter its moves as it makes them; reason being is that the ZTR mower can instantly turn any direction you need as long as you have the HP to move the trailer. The ZTR mower makes a good yard dog & mows a LOT of grass quickly.

99nouns

What are you trying to do in this pic, back to the right like alley docking or back straight? Not familiar with the (or any!) video game, the pic implies you let the error or over steer of the tractor get too far to the right when the middle pivot point (tractor hitch) departed from straight.
I just posted that showing how the hitch loses track every time I try to back up straight, of course I cannot see the hitch from the drivers cab, I am steering around thinking I am keeping it straight yet to find out trailer just swayed out of line like in that picture.

Looks like it would be real easy to make this pin - quick release, then insert an extension for training purposes, to slow down the trailers wandering. There are many youtube vids of backing wagon type trailers and a lot of them have looooong draw bars.

The "lock trailer steering" modifications could be done with a clamp collar to the middle/front 1/3 of the drawbar and chains to the front corners - hold downs?, of the flatbed.
Can you please point out which pin are you talking about with this grid map system, I am seeing few pins and cant make out which one because of my lack of knowledge and experience. And how/what would I add as an extension to current drawbar to make it longer? I have a budget to work with...

Drawing1.jpg

There are chains on there, hopefully I will play with it when I have chance and report back...

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wagon Drawbar.jpg
This is kind of what I was referring to. The pin with the split cotter pins in it - the vertical pivot connection of the draw bar.

I think your best bet would be to mount another hitch on the front of the truck and watch over the backing wagon.

NEIOWA

Would love to pick up a couple of these for Fire Dept if could find closer. Right now 21x of them listed GSAxcess @ Tracy Ca. Good be they will not be reused an will end up on auction within a couple months. And a couple in SC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks