• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just got back from elk hunt

sgtrisk

Nice truck, nice bull!

Someday I'd like to do a BIG game hunt. These wimpy little whitetails around are tiny! I wonder if I could use my M109 as a hunting blind! ;)

m376x6

maccus said:
Nice Elk. Do I see a smoke stack sticking out of the tent?
You sure do. That is the one I got from you. Thanks again Gene. It was down to 12 degrees Wednesday night, it sure made a difference. My Son always wants to take the motorhome, but I like my GP small. I built custom headboards with trays for the old wooden military cots. The inflatable mattresses make them really comfortable. We have a heavy military tarp that is almost perfect for this tent as a floor. I added some springs and chains to shelf brackets and mount four of them to the center pole for Coleman lantern stands. One of these days I'll get around to installing the white liner in it.

We were touring Saguache Park near where we camped and on the way back came across a gent whose older father had strayed to close to the edge with his ATV and went off the side. The winch on the other ATV couldn't pull the ATV up the slope. We wheeled the 6X6 around and had him up and out in a few minutes. A few minor scratches but the old gent was fine. Probably real sore the next day though. Thank goodness the brush broke his momentum.

Regards,
M376X6

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks