• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just got M916A3

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that is a good looking tractor, I have a 920 and the first time I was ever in a 916 I could not get over how modern the interior of the truck was, I think is you just plopped me inside one and I never got to see what I was climbing into I could not tell it from a Civy truck. Congrats nice looking rig!
KK

Onfinal84

Have you had it on the freeway yet? What is the top speed and at what RPM? I want to tow a large RV and I am wondering if it for me or not. I go to the CA sand dunes and getting stuck in the sand should be a none occurance with this beast.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It tops out at 65mph at 1900 rpm. That's where it's governered.
D@mn - my A1 is pushing 2200 at an indicated 60!!

BTW - when you get time, any chance you can pull the winch control tower cover and ID the left valve with pics??? I need to add the wetline to mine. Cheers!

NEIOWA

2008 M916A3 picked up at Ft McCoy a couple weeks ago. 5100mi. Brand new AWESOME truck. These have a great option list. This truck is the uparmor ready version so has 425/65R22.50 Fronts. Even has the BII in unopened crate. Hauled a MEP803 with 17hr home on the deck. Why the heck is Uncle getting rid of these trucks???

Will be moving 2500gal HEMMT tank from our 1991 Ford F900 6x6 (Navy surplus) to the M916A3. This is our 2nd tanker in FD. F900 only has 265hp so a big improvement.

View attachment 654165

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers, SWATDeputy! NICE TRUCK!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool: :jumpin:[thumbzup]

I gather by your username that you're in law enforcement. Thank you for your service. :)
Where in FL are you?

Last edited: