• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just Got My Deuce, and of course a few new questions.

Reaper651

The only way to go if you really want light on your gauges is to replace all the military gauges and go with civilian ones. As for me, I've replace my oil pressure gauge and I'm thinking about the Voltage and coolant but the rest can stay as they are.
Yes That's what I'm kinda thinking. Oil pressure, water temp, voltage or air pressure and maybe speedo. Maybe not the speedo since its almost impossible to go over the speed limit in the deuce.:roll: I'm going to see if Stewart Warner has 24 volt back lit gauges with Packard connectors. I will be surprised if they have Packard connectors but the should have 24 volt. I don't see a point in converting the truck to 12 volt. I will post part numbers when I find them.

rustystud

001.jpg004.jpg

There are 24volt gauges but I'm sure no Packard connectors. So just make up your own ! The crimper tool is the most expensive item at about $100.00 , and the connectors can be had at almost all the surplus dealers. The DMC AF8 is the most common crimper, but the Deutsch works also. I prefer to use the DMC M310 as it is larger and can accommodate the female connector without removing the crimp end.

Last edited:

Reaper651

View attachment 497551View attachment 497552

There are 24volt gauges but I'm sure no Packard connectors. So just make up your own ! The crimper tool is the most expensive item at about $100.00 , and the connectors can be had at almost all the surplus dealers. The DMC AF8 is the most common crimper, but the Deutsch works also. I prefer to use the DMC M310 as it is larger and can accommodate the female connector without removing the crimp end.
Thanks for the info. One of these crimper tools is on my list. I think I can set a civi gauge up to make a Packard connector hook to it just like the military gauges with a little modification, but either way, I think I can make it work.

Thanks again

59apache

Chipmaker
Yes That's what I'm kinda thinking. Oil pressure, water temp, voltage or air pressure and maybe speedo. Maybe not the speedo since its almost impossible to go over the speed limit in the deuce.:roll: I'm going to see if Stewart Warner has 24 volt back lit gauges with Packard connectors. I will be surprised if they have Packard connectors but the should have 24 volt. I don't see a point in converting the truck to 12 volt. I will post part numbers when I find them.
I've switched to a mechanical gauge (oil pressure)......and the others will go, too.