• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just got my first m37 !!!

ODdave

So last night i picked up my first M37, (i think im more excited than when i got my 1st duece) Ive loved the look of these old dodges for a long time and have wanted to be an owner but have not found a decent one for "the right price". well now i finaly found one. Of corse not with the time change + work i havent been able to take any good pictures but i grabed a few before work to avoid the harassment. I got a couple of "goodies" out of the tool box as well.
I do have some questions about what some of the tings are and where i can find parts for it, Dose anyone make replacment panels?

*good place to find a gas tank? its missing

*the cowl has a couple of small rust holes, dose anyone make a replacment panel?

*any patch panels for the fenders under the headlights?

Other than those few things the truck runs/drives & stops great!

I was curious what the canisters where i found and if the jack is mil-spec, sorry about the blurry pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

MDSA

I know how you feel. 3 years ago I got my Deuce and remember being so excited and saying, "I'm actually driving a Deuce home!" Now, I'm driving my M37 around like a 16 year old. The Deuce is great , but there's something about the "jeep-like" feel and look of the M37 that is fun. My 18 year old is always asking if he can drive the M37. It's just fun

Can't help you on parts. I'm new to this vehicle and haven't had to get but just a few things. Same with the goodies you got. But I know I'd be careful with those grenades - they look old.

JDToumanian

Cool truck! I drool for M37s, I'd like to have one someday...

Nice old lathe in the background, I have a 15" Rockwell that looks very similar. 8)

ODdave

"Nice old lathe in the background, I have a 15" Rockwell that looks very similar. :cool: "

Thanks, Its a 10in southbend w/tapper atachment, I like her:grin:

"looks good! Those smokes or CS? They look pretty haggard "

I dunno, i think there smokes but i dont know anything about that stuff.

gunner_bear

cool truck, was this one of the ones listed on CL? where did you get it from? The m37 was what i started looking for, then i found my deuce. Looks great.​

davidkroberts

great looking truck...... there is a company that handles older m37/power wagon parts and panels. I think its vintage power wagon or something like that. You should be able to google it anyway. They are pretty reasonable on parts and ive never heard anyone complain about them.

Carter

That is a good looking truck, M37s are a good truck to work on and fun to drive. I have had several over the past 30 yrs.

Patch panels may still be available to repair the fenders from JeePanels Plus. VPW also lists them, I repaired the fenders on one of my trucks using ones I bought from them. I don't know if anyone makes ones for the cowl.

The jack you have pictured is the correct GI issue one for the M37, I have one like yours for each of my trucks.

Attachments

ODdave

cool truck, was this one of the ones listed on CL? where did you get it from? The m37 was what i started looking for, then i found my deuce. Looks great.​

There is a couple on CL, this was the one from indiana.

thanks for the info & support guys, i will defiantly be checking out those sites!!!

bubba_got_you

what size tires are those? they look like the 37/12.50/16.5's i have on my gmc and if those rims are stock they will be 16" rims. its a sweet looking truck tho!! it makes me want mine back

ODdave

the tires are 305 70 16, i was kinna shocked as well, when i saw them in the pictures i thought "they had to be 37 OZ's, but i thought m37's had 16in wheels" turns out someone spent a lil coin on these.

ODdave

dang near new, small amount of cracks but will be good for this truck, Man i almost forgot to tell every one what the owner told me about this truck, IT USED TO BELONG TO A NUDIST COLONY IS NORTHWEST INDIANA !!!!!! Aparently they plowed the snow with it........Anyone got N.O.S. seats???? LOL. Sure seams like they would have got something with a better heaterrofl

simbalion

Congrats! The M37 is a sturdy old critter and yours looks alot better than mine! Sounds like you have the typical rust spots for them. [thumbzup]

ODdave

I am starting to stress though, i am having a **** of a time trying to find replacment pannels for this thing, Anyone know of a place that has prices i can see tonight?? Imma make some calls tomarrow/monday but i would like to see they are available

simbalion

I wish there were replacement panels as well. The left side of the bed on my truck really could use replacement. Panels are easy enough to get off since just about everything bolts on these trucks. Well, rusty bolts aside that is....

parlusk

So last night i picked up my first M37, (i think im more excited than when i got my 1st duece) Ive loved the look of these old dodges for a long time and have wanted to be an owner but have not found a decent one for "the right price". well now i finaly found one. Of corse not with the time change + work i havent been able to take any good pictures but i grabed a few before work to avoid the harassment. I got a couple of "goodies" out of the tool box as well.
I do have some questions about what some of the tings are and where i can find parts for it, Dose anyone make replacment panels?

*good place to find a gas tank? its missing

*the cowl has a couple of small rust holes, dose anyone make a replacment panel?

*any patch panels for the fenders under the headlights?

Other than those few things the truck runs/drives & stops great!

I was curious what the canisters where i found and if the jack is mil-spec, sorry about the blurry pics.

sweet find, smoke and all! one of those might be tear gas i would at least take the fuses out of them

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks