• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just got pulled over

jimmcld

I just got pulled over in my "new" M816. It seems that the local police noticed that I didn't yet have any registration numbers. As I climbed down from the cab, I heard the policeman say "oh, its you, that explains it". We talked for about 10 minutes, shook hands, and wished each other a good day.

Sometimes it's nice living in a smaller town.

beaubeau

Talk about Mayberry, I gotta share this. I got an old,1970 Detroit GMC log truck I use around here to haul my firewood to my Processor. Well on my way to the Pick up site, I really Opened up the Detroit. Oh, I forgot to mention No muffler, just Strait pipe. Well I gets up to about 11 or 12th gear , round the corner, and there is the Police Chief standing on My side of the road, picking up trash and bottles!! I came to a stop,shut it Down and proceded to speek to The Chief. He never said a word about "ANYTHING"!! Just asked me if I had any Flat Stones he needs to build stairs at his home. My deed does read, "And the town of Salisbury has a Right of Way on Bay Rd., with reservations". The truck is not licensed, or inspected. I guess I was Quasi Leagal!!??I was on my own property.

KaiserM109

In August of '68 I and my rod-and-tape man were in an M109 very similar to the one I own now, and we were hot footin' it toward a little town called My Tho. Out of nowhere an MP stepped in front of me wearing glasses and lookin' just like Broderick Crawford. When I came to a stop he stepped up on my running board and asked "Do you know how fast you were going?" He11! we were in an ambush zone and he proceeded to write me a speeding ticket! When he stepped down I walked it right up throught the gears and proceeded on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks