• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just installed Bullet 3 1/2 inch race muffler.

Brock Steel

Just installed the dyno max bullet on wife truck. Easy as hot knife through butter, Fit's behind heat shield and sounds great and only took about 45 min to install.

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
poof said:
Price.... Part Number...name of parts store.

And Picture

I am leaning toward this my self.

:grin:
Same here, I only Live about an hour and a half from the Summit Racing Store in Akron, I have been thinking about doing this to my truck, but I want to see how it looks and know how hard it was to do.

jatonka

Here is a pic of the Dynomax #24216 I installed on my M109A-3 that I drove 7000 miles last year across the US on Rt 20 and Rt 30. Notice I extended the height of the stack a bit by not removing as much pipe as the length of the Dynomax. It really quiets the Multi down. Straight through, no sensed loss of power. JT out

Attachments

avengeusa

i did the same thing but hid it under the heat shield on the pass side, i have pics of it in my album, go look at them, makes a bit of a difference, and is a cheap easy mod

no egt's yet

Brock Steel

As you can see its hard to tell any difference until you get closer.

Product Code:WLK-24216
Manufacturer dynomax 24216 Performance from summit racing. 43 bucks, 2 clamps 12 bucks less yelling in the cab Priceless.

Attachments

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you're right DieselBob, I like the way the truck looks, so I don't want to change that. But I can do without the noise, so this is a mod I'm going to do too. Helps with the noise, but doesn't take away from the looks of such a great piece of American iron!!!!

JTugwell

wouldn't mind doing this to mine. just out of curiosity would it make any power difference? i wouldn't think so, but in the same breath i would hate to be lacking anymore power than it already has.

bgekky3

The EGTs are the same before and after. I used the larger napa muffler. If you don't isulate the cab, you need hearing protection at 40+. The trans starts making a lot of gear noise. If you cut the exhaust straight and put on a clapper, it will take the drone out of the exhaust note as speed. I did that before I put the muffer for a comparison.

If I didn't drive across the country with the wife and cat I would have just added a foot of pipe and the clapper. When I did the comparison test, I just cut off the elbow. If the pipe was a little longer it would get the noise out of the window.